1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mylon Lefevre

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Mike McK, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

OK, evidently, Mylon Lefevre is back.

This guy's whole shtick is based on his claim that he was the founder and lead vocalist of the 70's band, Atlanta Rythym Section.

The truth is, the band was around for almost five years before he was brought in as a hired gun on the second album to fill in for Ronnie Hammond.

He appears on only one out of sixteen albums by the band and has no songwriting credits during this time.

His ties to ARS are so tenuous that he's not even mentioned in biographies of the band.

In all of these years, no one has ever questioned him about this. Why not?

Now Playing: Glen Gray – “Shall We Swing?”

2. nate

nate New Member

He's way before my time! Not really into the 70's stuff either! Although I know Mylon Lefevre is disliked by those who view CCM as wrong and not Scriptural. I haven't a clue to answer your question.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

i liked Lefevre's style of music. havn't listened to him lately though. but does it really matter what he does? he does what he does, we can't do anything about it. and if we start judging him or 'gossiping' about it all. what good is that? nothing at all. why hasn't anybody questioned the guy? probably because the vast majority of people don't give jack all about it. i for one don't. what's it matter to me? nothing. if he's back, good for him. i pray his music is glorifying the Lord Jesus.

sorry if i sound so harsh. i really don't mean to sound that way.

have a gooder.
    gekko.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

If that's true, then do you think it was fair for Mike Warnke to be run out of town on a rail, proverbially speaking, for making up a "testimony"?

Now Playing: Rolling Stones - "Some Girls"

5. gekko

gekko New Member

i don't know who mike warnke is, and what do you mean by "making up a testimony"?

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Back in the 70's and 80's, he was a guy who claimed to be a Satanic high priest and Vietnam War hero.

Wrote a couple of books, sold a bunch of "comedy records" (mostly ripping off Bill Cosby's old routines), made millions.

Turned out, he lied. He was never a Satanist and the closest he came to Vietnam was giving Marines shots for the clap in Subic Bay.

People in the music industry knew for years that he was lying, but covered it up because he was making money and many of his fans were so enamored of him, that they just refused to believe it.

In the same way, I'm just wondering why nobody is questioning Mylon's claims about his affiliation with ARS, when they make up such a large part of his testimony.

Now Playing: Marshall Crenshaw - "Best of Marshall Crenshaw"

7. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Did not know that about that Atlanta Rhythm Section...I really have not heard him brag on that in interviews ...perhaps he has a good relationship with his ex band mates and perhaps
    there is mutual respect about him being not mentioned...really do not see the acrimony Mck.

As for his songwriting and arranging in Christian
    music , it is pretty good imho..."Crack the sky" won a Grammy and dove in the same year.

"Trains up in the sky" is still a favorite.

Greatest hits you decide if he was good or not?