1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Name my new column

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Spinach, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I was offered my own devotional column on a Christian website today---and was even asked to name the column.

So I thought I'd ask for ideas here. This column is devotional in content, but with a missionary's heart.

Have fun with it!

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You just said a great name for the column yourself, "A Missionary's Heart".

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oooh - I like that!

Or else "Spinach Pie". :) Of course that's what I just had for lunch so it's fresh on my mind... and tastebuds. LOL

4. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Now I MUST know what spinach pie is!

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are you serious?????? It's a Greek dish that's absolutely delicious. It's made a few different ways - sometimes in a regular pie pastery, other times in a flakey pastry but the filling is spinach and feta cheese (and I'm sure a few other things). The place where I get it has it on a large baking sheet with a flakey pastry. YUMMO!!

This looks like a good replica recipe for you:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spanakopita-Greek-Spinach-Pie/Detail.aspx

6. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Ok, yes, we have something similar to that here. Yummo! But I would have never thought of it as spinach pie. A spinach pastry, maybe? Oh and I definitely prefer a feta over, say, a mozzerella in something like this. White cheese is pretty well all we have here. Once I found some cheddar and the cashier didn't want to sell it to me because it would require a different UPC----I nearly cried. LOL! Dh jumped into action, found a manager for the code, and I got my cheese. Gotta love a man who will make sure I get my cheddar cheese. HAAAAA!