1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Narnia Sequel?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nate, Dec 10, 2005.

1. nate

nate New Member

Since I have never read the books(I know sad) what is the sequel about? And do the kids stay adults?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually one (best of the batch) is a PREquel.

And don't ask me my op on ANY of the ilk. I started a thread on "I HATE ALLEGORIES" so it gives away the ending of my thoughts!! :rolleyes:

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

nate,

there is a whole series...not just one sequel....not sure if you realized that.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know how far the movie took you along the story line.
    But some of the sequels deal with the years after the 4 children go back through the wardrobe. Others take place during the time they were in Narnia. And I believe there is a book that takes place before Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy ever arrive in Narnia, but I could be remembering wrong.

I read the Chronicles MANY times, but its also been many years since I last read them. :( So I can forget which parts of the story were found in the original book and which details were parts of other books. The children do eventually grow up. But I'll not be telling you too much more, because it will spoil your Christmas surprise to yourself. [​IMG]

There are a few books which don't have anything to do with the 4 children, but they take place in Narnia. And you have GOT to save the last in the series for the LAST book you read. You will absolutely love it in all of its symbolism. But it won't make much sense if you haven't read the others first.

It always amazed me how the symbolism in this first book was so easy to understand, even when I was pretty little and reading it for the first time. Not all of them are as symbolic as the first, but the last is. You'll love them.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found two copies of the book in my shelves and pulled them out for my wife and youngest daughter to read before we see the movie some other time.

Books but the Narnia series should be read a number of times

-first, it should be read to the very young (5-8yo),

-then read by young teens,

-and finally read by adults.

While I wouldn't call them classics, they are worthwhile.

Prince Caspian is book two in the seven book series.

Rob

5. nate

nate New Member

I plan on purchasing the entire series in hardback right after Christmas. So I'm looking forward to reading through the whole thing.

6. nate

nate New Member

My brother is really into movies and is on a movie board he said they are only going to make 3 Narnia's. Prince Capsian and the last book will probably be the only three movies they make.