1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured NASB CO-Founder recants NASB.

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jordan Kurecki, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVO holds that they didi some rendering/alterations from CT/MT text!

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and that also assumes that somehow there was a cult within the church that viewed corruption of the texts their top priority!

And was NEVER herad from again...

Did the RCC use Knight templers to do that deed, after they got the Shroud of Turin and Holy grail to the vatican?

3. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Or perhaps I read from the pre-AV English Bibles regularly, and even a few post?

And if you possess reading comprehension, and read "In The Great Tradition", then you know that Farstad believed that the AV was translated from inferior MSS.
    You also would know, that there are readings in the NKJV that are not from the Received Texts, but rather the CT/MT.
    Of course, you know this, which begs the question of why you are trying to portray otherwise.

4. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

1.Who are the "we" you are referring to?
    2.I have no Idea how long 'A' was in a garbage can, only that it was discovered after having been discarded, and was worthy of said disposal.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

You can't make this stuff up. If the same type of tactics are used to point out issues with the KJV then one is accused of attacking the KJV. But, it's ok for KJVOnlyist to attack the NASB with non-sense and it's ok. Well, it's not ok. The NASB is my translation of choice. Why are you attacking my Bible? When you come up with a legitimate argument other than your pathetic opinions and weak (same old same old) logic please let us know.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I second your thoughts.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bottom line, OP - we see that the premise of your post is untrue. This man was NOT the co-founder of the NASB and this hoax has been traveling the KJVO world for a long time. Why not admit you're wrong in this matter? I have to say that I've not met any KJVO that would admit they were wrong with a false assertion like this. Will you be the first?

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Don't hold your breath Ann. Those who are card carrying members of the Bible worshipping cult never admit error.

9. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact that Farstad preferred the Majority text does not change the fact of which text that the NKJV was actually based on.

The NKJV translators used Scrivener's edition of the Textus Receptus as their basic Greek text for its NT, not the Majority text edition edited by Farstad and others.

It has not been properly demonstrated that there are any readings in the NKJV that are not from the Received Texts. All the variations could properly be considered translational differences in the same range of the type translation differences between the KJV and the pre-1611 English Bibles.

I am seeking to portray accurately the facts about the NKJV and its underlying texts in contrast to unproven KJV-only accusations against it.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Eh - Just thought I'd give it a try. ;)

11. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ok. Fun fact search.
    How many times is the word "Hades" found in the NKJV?
    How many times in the TR?

12. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Do you really think that the NKJV's "Hades" is based on a different source text than that of the KJV? Can you prove your proposition?

13. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you always answer with questions?

I mean Jesus often did, but he actually WAS superior to the people He was tslking to.

14. jonathan.borland

I do not presume to be superior to you, neither do I aspire to be so in a number of important areas. Not answering simple questions is your prerogative, but in a discussion forum it is generally incumbent upon those making uncommon claims to back up their claims with evidence. That's all!

#54 jonathan.borland, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  15. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nice duck. You answered a question with a question, assuming an air that you were above answering it.
    This has happened all along, on this thread.
    And you wanna lecture about answering questions, and incumbency?
    The onus is on you, to revisit the post that i quoted, and answer the question, if you really believe in discussion.

16. jonathan.borland

Duck what? I don't believe that there's an unalterable, letter-perfect edition in English, and this was clear in my interactions on the thread. In case I missed them, what were the other questions addressed to me that I "ducked"?

Now can you answer my legitimate question on your uncommon claim that the NKJV's "hades" is not based on the same source text as the KJV's with actual evidence? If not, we know who is the one actually and consistently ducking questions, don't we?

17. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't make any claims, I asked a question concerning Hades.

18. jonathan.borland

This was your objection in reply to Logos' statement, "It has not been properly demonstrated that there are any readings in the NKJV that are not from the Received Texts."

You said: "How many times is the word "Hades" found in the NKJV? How many times in the TR?"

Do you now deny that Hades has anything to do with the supposed (but undemonstrated) differences between the source texts used by the KJV and the NKJV translators? When you post things are you trying to be understood, or are you just posting nonsense and pretending that it is not, until someone asks you what the relation of your nonsense is to the thing you're replying to, and then you can just reply that you were simply writing nonsense, and not actually trying to interact with the person's statements? If this is the case, why even participate in discussion boards? How silly!

19. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dealing with someone who claims that the translators must have screwed up the title page, or left it to the print shop apprentice, or something, cuz surely they couldn't have meant that they translated the AV from the original toungues, and compared and revised the former English translations as well.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You think the translators worried about the title page? Did they choose the leather for the covers as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.