1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nascar 2008

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Jan 24, 2008.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I hope Jr. loses every race. How can you pull for a man who sold out to the enemy? Of course, I've never liked him. How does everyone like the introduction of the new foreign drivers? Seems that the american part is dwindling away.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

You are quite welcome to that opinion. I am sure this keeps him up at night :smilewinkgrin:

Ha ha, the enemy?? He did not sell out. I think that is one of the silliest criticisms I ever hear about him. He made a choice to drive for a great owner. Why fault him for that?

I pull for Jr. because I like him. I have always felt bad for him having to lose his father at such a young age on such a national stage. My father died when I was about the same as Jr. was, and I have just always had a place in my heart for him becase of that common link.

Really? I would have never guessed. :saint:

I like it.

How so?

NASCAR is doing great all across America. While they have made some changes that I do not necessarily agree with, I think they are doing a great job.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Wow!! That generated a response. No, I'm not a Jr. fan simply for the fact that every body and their brother pull for him. And, it does seem funny that he went over to the other side. But, it was a smart move on his part. I think that is evident with his win. And, as far as the american part going away I was just courious as to the response that would generate. I've heard that argument used a lot lately. Probably every car out there has parts made in various and sundry places. Who knows, some parts may even come from China.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I've heard this sort of nonsense before and the simple answer is that Hendrick Motorsports isn't the enemy. Who wouldn't want their driver to drive the best cars?

Juan Montoya has always been one of my favorite drivers ever since he won the Indy 500, but I'm not sure that either he, or Villeneuve, has a good enough team behind him to win.

Right. Because Ford, Chevy and Dodge are 100% American-made. Oh, wait...

Sound reasoning.

Hmmm... somebody who comes on a board and says things just to attempt to stir things up. Interesting.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Come on. When it comes to sports, especially NASCAR, it's fun to pick at the Jr. fans and the die hard NASCAR folks. It got you going very quickly. I thought I was in the KJV verses the world thread.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:sleeping_2:

:rolleyes:

12 hours between your post and my post doesn't seem to fit the definition of "quickly" as I know it.

I can't even imagine why you think this.

The question is whether you're going to actually talk intelligently about Nascar, or just throw things out there to "stir the pot". If it's the latter, I think you're going to wind up talking to yourself.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes, I was stirring the pot. Aren't we glad the world doesn't revolve around the KJV or NASCAR. Althrough you are more lible to stirr up an argument from me about NASCAR than the KJV. Now I'll be accused of being a liberal. So, I'm a picking, liberal, NASCAR fan. Can't wait until the race. I'm hoping Michael will do well. But, sitting #2 on the pole and coming in #2 or better are two different things.

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You mean it doesn't? :wavey:

Heh. Me too. :smilewinkgrin:

9. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I remember toward the end of last season after watching Kyle Busch's whiney bad attitude after losing a Craftsman Truck race. Deciding he was a bit of a brat. I don't remember seeing Kurt and T. Stewart "feuding" last year.
    Are both Busch brothers brats?

Still think Robby Gordon is a brat.

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

How many races did you say you watched in '07, Gayla? :smilewinkgrin:

Kurt and Smoke wrecked in the Daytona 500 last year. They wrecked again at Dover in June, and Busch nearly ran over one of Smoke's crew members.

Kurt more than Kyle.

:thumbs:

BTW, Stewart and Busch were put on "probation" today. From the article on thatsracin.com:

:rolleyes:

Nascar wouldn't elaborate about what probation means, because they don't know what it means. Instead of actually doing something, they wag their finger and say, "You naughty boys stop doing what you're doing this instant or we're going to get really angry. And you don't want to see us really angry."

I guess probation is a tough sounding word meant to make the drivers sorry for what they did. Busch has been on probation so much that they ought to name it after him. Something like, "Nascar has announced that Tony Stewart has won the Kurt Busch Memorial Probation Award again. In other news, a dog bit a man today."

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

BTW, y'all have 3 days to get signed up for fantasy racing on either Yahoo or ESPN. It would be best to send me a PM before Saturday, as I don't check the board on the weekends as much as I do during the week.