1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nascar, F1 and IRL

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

SpeedTV is replaying the F1 Grand Prix at Bahrain. In an hour, the IRL goes road racing at St. Petersburg, and the pre-race nonsense on Fox is starting up for Nascar at Texas. Since these are all happening at the same time, I'm not splitting up the reviews for each event.

12:30 PM
    We're on SpeedTV for F1 racing at Sakhir in the Kingdom of Bahrain. I know next to nothing about Bahrain, including the fact that it's an island nation. Here's a Wiki page for you about Bahrain. So, this post is educational and... um... well, not much else, but it is educational. :)

12:34 PM
    Switched over to Fox and they're talking about Michael McDowell's wreck. I'm figuring that everybody's seen it by now, but just in case you haven't, here it is. That's one of the worst wrecks I've ever seen. Check out how much air he gets when he goes flipping down the track after the hit. Without all the safety features in place now, from the SAFER barrier, to the new car, to the HANS type device, Michael McDowell would have been killed.

12:37 PM
    You may think this is weird, and you're right, but I really like that $5 footlong song in the Subway commercial. It's very catchy. What are the awards called in the advertising world? Clios or something? That song ought to win some kind of award.

1:01 PM
    I don't really know what Bill Murray is doing on my TV screen and what he's talking about, but I guess it's something about Digger and I quickly change over to SpeedTV. The track looks like it's in the middle of the desert and a Pole is on the pole, Robert Kubica. Remember a few weeks ago I said how I really only needed to watch the first lap, or even the first corner of the first lap to know who's going to win an F1 race? Felipe Massa beat Kubica to the corner. Let's see if he wins the race.

Lewis Hamilton got off to a bad start and I think the lack of electronic aids had something to do with it, because I'd bet he spun the tires on the start.

1:18 PM
    Some people can pull off wearing a cowboy hat. Dick Berggren is not one of those people.

1:23 PM
    Here we go with explaining what loose and tight means. More on that later. I've said this before, but Neil Bonnett had a great explanation many years ago. "Push means you see the wreck. Loose means you are the wreck."

1:26 PM
    Remember a few weeks ago when Jimmie Johnson said that the team was working on cars and setups for later in the year and that's why they weren't running up front? Yeah, I thought it was bunk then and it was.

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Moved this response to your completed thread.

#2 Palatka51, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2008