1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NASCAR Hall Of Fame

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Bob Alkire, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Yes, I've seen all of them either on NASCAR tracks or at local southern tracks over the years. I do enjoy a good race.

2. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

Hall of Fame losing GOBS of money. May not be around for Harry Gant to be left out :tongue3:

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Charlotte and the area put in a lot of money to get the vote, but it isn't the correct place. Daytona would have been, tourist are down here year around even if no race is going on. It still has a chance if Mr. Smith will put up some of his money to keep it alive.

4. Bobby Hamilton

I am fortunate to be in a place in Indiana that gets some good local stuff. I grew up watching Tony Stewart. I've seen Kenny Schrader, Kyle Busch, David Stremme and others like them show up to run weekend races at Anderson and Winchester (Stremme and Busch have run at Winchester the last several years).

Also living in old ASA territory I got to see guys like Ted Musgrave, Rusty Wallace, Alan Kulwicki and others before they really got big.

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

We seem to forget, that the local tracks is where it all starts. I still go to a lot of the local tracks and I see some great racing. What a lot of folks don't know is up in the northeast they have some great racing as well.

Didn't you enjoy seeing the racers go up the latter?

6. Bobby Hamilton

Oh yeah.

Probably one of my favorite moments was I was out at Indianapolis Raceway Park right after Kyle Busch dumped on Roush (he helped him through ASA, etc) and went to hendrick...I was at a hauler when I saw him and said "how big of a knife was it that you stuck in Jack's back?

Lots of people started laughing. The guy standing with Busch didn't think it was funny. Looking back I realize that I should have probably bit my tongue, but this was before he really took off.

I personally miss "THURSDAY NIGHT THUNDER" from ESPN. Man those were the days.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still believe the "Fabulous Flocks"-Bob, Fonty, & Tim, the drivers- should be inducted as a family. They, as much as Jr. Johnson & Bill France, brought about the birth of NASCAR. The whole Flock family, even those who didn't race cars, all contributed.

8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'll always like what Tim said about Dale Earnhardt winning championships, said he would have not won any if he ever hit my left rear quarter panel at high speed, if I couldn't win, I would take him out of every race for hitting me. He wasn't as mad at Dale as the other drivers for not taking him out, he gave the impression that Dale was a dirty driver which many of us agree with.