1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

National Health Care: The Frugal Way to Die???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 29, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Government unions, affirmative action, and plain old partisanship means a government worker just about has to commit a felony to get fired in many US locales.

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Of course, you also likely believe that we will be spending "government money" to pay for this scheme that will only build more government bureaucracy.

But, where does the government get their money? Of course... Taxes. Who pays taxes? WORKING Americans!

I'm not sure about you, but my tax rate is already almost 60% of my income. No, not my federal rate, I'm not in that bracket. But, when I figure ALL the taxes I'm paying, from Social Security, Medicare, income tax, state tax, local tax, sales tax, vehicle tax, school, property, etc., etc., etc., I'm there. I simply cannot afford to keep working to support everyone else that isn't anymore.

I'll gladly follow the Lord's admonition to take care of the widows and orphans, and to help a brother or sister in need, but I R.E.F.U.S.E. to be held hostage by our government who wishes to take my hard-earned paycheck away from me to give to the person down the street who sits at home on his or her "blessed assurance" watching Oprah all day long.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Why is it always a national plan this is needed. You'd hear no objection from me if you were fighting for a state based single-payer system. In fact, I wouldn't have a problem with a lot of the liberal federal programs if they were practiced at the state level.

Give the states back their rights. Let the voters in individual states determine issues like a single-payer system, how education works, etc. Then, let the citizens vote with their feet. What higher taxes and a single-payer system? Well, live in State A. Want lower taxes and private health insurance? Live in State B.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Young idealistic ignorant liberals haven't learned nothing is free, especially whan it comes from big brother.

They're afraid to face life on their own and earn their own way. They look to big brother to keep them safe and secure, and healthy and happy.

Or they move back in with their parents for a security blanket. It's more and more common. They're too inexperienced to know that the reason they have a hard time on their own is government, so they look to the ravening wolf that causes their fear to keep them safe at the same time.

5. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I'd support a state based single-payer plan. Some had proposed allowing states to choose single-payer under the new healthcare law, but Republicans and corporate sell-out Democrats wouldn't allow it. A state going single-payer without federal blessing raises constitutional issues. The Commerce Clause gives Congress plenary authority to regulate interstate commerce, and a state going single-payer and banning private insurance would affect interstate commerce.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you didnt take Gov 101

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Forget 101...he skipped "remedial government 99."

Wow. Stunning 10th Amendment ignorance shown.

8. FR7 Baptist

The Tenth Amendment is a truism. It adds nothing of substance to the Constitution. The federal government has only the powers delegated to it by the Constitution, and that would be the case even if it was never added to the Constitution.

9. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

It seems to me that we have had states that adopted their own version of public healthcare. In those states, the system was bankrupted right away.

Those states found out for themselves what happens when healthcare is "free." At that point, nobody any longer wants to pay for it, and they immediately find themselves with nobody paying and eveyone standing in line for their "free healthcare."

A state having their own healthcare is a basic right of the state. The federal government has zero authority in it, but those who want the big Nanny to run everything try to twist and turn the words to make it a mandate for Obama.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow. So parts we don't like are frivolous "truisms?" This would be convenient for folks who wanted to re-institute slavery.

This is one of the most laughable posts I've seen you make. I'll say this: Nothing makes my point like someone posting, "Oh, but that Constitutional Amendment doesn't really count." Kind of opens everything up to your own personal (il)logic.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to forgive him. All he knows about the Constitution was taught to him by by liberal law professors.

It's no wonder attorneys are held in such low esteem compared to 50 years ago. They're not taught reverance for the Constitution anymore. They're indoctrinated into how to use it and abuse it to accomplish their liberal ideas.

12. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Aw, come on... Deep down, attorneys are great! Six feet is a good start. :smilewinkgrin:

13. FR7 Baptist

I didn't say it doesn't really count. It merely makes explicit what is already implicit in the Constitution. Do you not agree that even without the Tenth Amendment, the federal government would only have the power delegated by the Constitution?

14. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

One might assume so, but we all know that if something - even an obvious something - is written down on paper, it is not as easy to ignore. The Tenth Amendment has successfully been ignored for years, even though it was spelled out. Can you imagine where we'd be if it had not been listed?

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not at all - Federalist would simply say that the Constitution requires the Feds to do certain things - ie post office, war, ect. then they could say, we should also be responsible for other things as well, since the Constitution does not prohibit it.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

No, because people like yourself co-opt things like the "commerce clause" to take over and rule all aspects of our lives, rob our freedoms, and relegate states to non-entities.

Without the Tenth Amendment, I'm not sure states would exist. We'd all be in the People's Republic of New Yorkifornia, or some nonsense like that.

17. FR7 Baptist

...except I don't want to do that.

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothings Changed in 50 Years . . .

My dad and mom didn't hold attorneys in high esteem 50 years ago, and I doubt many others who can remember that far back, did either? :smilewinkgrin:

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

um, yes you do. You use it as a catch-all for government meddling, interference, and trampling of liberty.

Example: Healthcare.

'Nuff said.

20. billwald

billwald New Member

>Originally Posted by Paul3144
    ...The Commerce Clause gives Congress plenary authority to regulate interstate commerce, and a state going single-payer and banning private insurance would affect interstate commerce.

TRUE!!!!!!

You True Believers read the Constitution and the Laws the Same way you read the Bible: If the sentence supports your cause it is written in plain English for all to understand. If not, God's ways are higher than our ways."