1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nations University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Nord, May 3, 2005.

1. Nord

Nord New Member

In my search for some additional education for my edification and at an affordable cost I have decided to do a Master of Ministry degree through Nations. No it is not Dallas Theological Seminary but the courses look interesting.

Each non internet course consists of several texts, and then exams that are a combination of essay and multiple choice. Interesting array of courses...for example..you can major in Comparative Religion and after the required courses you have a choice of around 8 or more different courses in Islam, Hinduism, Budahism, etc. The church history major has even more courses to choose from.

At any rate, I am under no illusion about the value of the degree and am doing it for fun. The cost is 100 per year for enrollment. I am enamored of the interesting missions nature of the school. It is not for profit and serves mostly third world students in order to equip them for ministry.

They are associated with the Church of Christ. Some limited opportunites exist for transfer to accredited schools. I am no expert in Church of Christ theology, history, etc but I understand that unaccredited Schools of Preaching are something of a church tradition. I had a friend who was a graduate of one. As an side, he used to get ticked at Hank Hanegraaf whenever he went off on Cambellites.

North

2. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Those courses do sound interesting. Let us know what you think after you take one or two!