1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nature of Our Enemy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jul 17, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"I doubt you even know what my thoughts are on those subjects!"

I think I have a good idea that you view them as seperate and not connected to the war on terrorism, just what the globalists hope you'll think. Oh and that you'll blame those evil liberals for all the ills America faces right now and never ever do any fact finding tours on your own outside of the box they wish your mind to stay in. ;)

Good job you globalists you've definately created a one dementional thinker in this one. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

quote:
    ----------------------------
    Originally posted by poncho:

"This is a cop out pure and simple. If you actually believed in what you were saying I would think you'd be only to happy to show me the errors of my way with some facts. The fact is you can't and you know it so your sidestepping and making excuses."
    ----------------------------
    I don't really see where presenting you with facts even makes a dent. As in the case of "the smallpox blankets", you are given facts that refute your position, and what do you do? Merely change your argument a little, and continue to run with the ball. You have evidently decided that every activity the the U.S. ever undertook was for wicked and selfish purposes. Who can argue with that?

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay so I made a mistake with the blanket incident. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

"You have evidently decided that every activity the the U.S. ever undertook was for wicked and selfish purposes."

Not America Nightshift, merely those individuals and groups that say they are acting on America's behalf and are in fact acting either on their own behalf or the behalf of other individuals or groups.

I was schooled in the thought that in America our system of government was of by and for the people, so imagine my chagrin that day in which I finally realized the truth. It just ain't so anymore and maybe never was. Elitist interests rule over this nation the same as they do every other nation on this planet the main difference is here they have continued to foster the illusion that we live in a free country to keep the people from revolting en mass.
    -------------------------------------------------
    During the Abbeville Institute’s week-long summer school a few weeks ago a student asked the Institute’s founder and director, Professor Don Livingston of Emory University, a question about the composition of "The Left" and "The Right" in American politics today. He wanted Professor Livingston’s opinion of the prospects for the success of "The Right" to get the country to move in a more conservative direction. Professor Livingston correctly pointed out that the premise of the question was all wrong.

The premise, of course, was that America’s highly centralized, monopolistic, imperialistic, federal government – the Lincolnite state – is desirable if not inevitable. Consequently, the route to greater freedom and prosperity is for "The Right" to control the federal Leviathan and use the levers of federal power to achieve its political ends.

It is true that, since the death of genuine federalism – sometimes called "states’ rights" – in 1865, this has indeed been the political game. But it is not inevitable. An alternative way of thinking of how to achieve a freer and more prosperous society is through the devolution of political power, as Professor Livingston responded. Therein lies the only hope of citizens ever being able to control their own government and becoming sovereign over it once again.

Forget about the fantasy of controlling the federal government. It has accumulated so much power and created so many vested interests in that power, that any genuine conservatives or libertarians who become a part of it are immediately targeted, sabotaged, worn down, smeared, and marginalized so that they have no influence whatsoever. The entire apparatus of the centralized state will always view this as its number one priority.
    Thanks to KenH for this LINK

So you tell me Nightshift, how am I to argue for what I believe is in America's best interest which is to stand firm against the NWO or globalization or whatever politically correct name is given to international elitism when so many of you are still glorying in the grand illusion that America is still a free country and so many of you have bought into the false left vs right paradigm?

Am I so foolish as to think my rantings and postsings will ever wake all you guys up to the tyranny we face from imposters posing as our saviours, to these globalist wolves in sheeps clothing? To be honest no, but that ain't gonna stop me from trying because I still think this country and it's people and the idea of freedom real freedom is worth it.

So tell me Nightshift, are you so scared of the elites terror bombings that you'll just give up on the idea of America altogether? Will you just shrug your shoulders give up your liberty and put the chains of a global tyranny on your own posterity so you can feel safe? I won't.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Poncho, I appreciate that you can admit when you've made a mistaken argument. Not an easy thing to do in the midst of heated debate (and it seems to be always heated, whatever the forum).
    I realize that at no time has the US government has ever been completely accountable to 'the people' or made the best decisions. Administrations over the years, including this one, have made dumb decisions and carried out policies that were not in the best interest of our nation. Well after all, there was only one perfect human, and the rest of us make mistakes. But overall I think that the US has been a force for good in the world. And all I can do is my own little part. I did my hitch in the service, I vote for the candidate that will do the best job and will best represent me. If my congressmen take positions that I disagree with I write to them.
    By all means, when conservatives are wrong, point it out to us. But that doesn't necessarily mean we will see things as you do, or that we will see George Bush as a wolf in sheep's clothing!

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well thanks I make plenty of mistakes and plan to make many more. I try not to repeat the same one three times because I realized long ago it wasn't in my power to stop after just once.

We all do what we can and I believe we all have whats best for America in our hearts and minds. I just happen to think that alot of whats in our minds is disinformation planted there by folks that have motives other than what's good for America and that have been less than honest with us. I'm not refering to anyone on this board.

I wouldn't go so far as claim George Bush was a wolf, more like a puppet in sheeps clothing same as the last four administrations and like the last four administrations are saturated with the real wolves the CFR and Trilateral commission the mainstream media is saturated likewise.

America may have started out as a force for good in the world and done some great things like show the world liberty from tyranny is possible and kicking Hitlers behind, but I think the best is behind us now and America is being used as the brute force of the one worlders to force this NWO on the planet. Sooner or later the wolves will show their true colors and I believe that color will be red. I just can't bring myself to look the other way when it's becoming so blatantly apparent and they openly talk of the NWO as if it's some great and honorable thing. Unfortunately for me God blessed me with two good eyes to see and a memory that's able to hold information and to keep disecting it longer than the average news cycle. Whoa is me eh?

6. OCC

OCC Guest

Interesting comment from someone who has barely contributed to the discussion. I did not give MY definition of propaganda. I gave the dictionary definition.

Truth is propaganda as well. The falsity or truthfulness of a message has nothing to do with whether or not it is propaganda. Granted most times there is some falsehood in propaganda but anytime a message is sent out to the masses in a systematic manner to influence the way they think, propaganda has been dispensed.

BTW...just down below your post where I am quoting you from...dragoon accused someone of using "propaganda". :eek:

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Context of a discussion means a lot, King James!

We all probably use the "fact" verses "opinion" argument from time to time.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That's a very good observation by Sowell!

9. OCC

OCC Guest

"Context of a discussion means a lot, King James!"

No kiddin dragoon? I agree with you...all I did was say you used the word "propaganda". I forgive you for shouting at me.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Who's shouting, King James? It sounds like it could be you again.

11. OCC

OCC Guest

Dragoon, you said: "Context of a discussion means a lot, King James!"

Seemed like shouting to me. As for me...I'm not shouting. I have more important things happening at this time and I want to please the Lord...I have no desire to shout at you nor anyone else.

12. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

So they were able to isolate the virus, put into some form where it could actually sustain itself on a cloth blanket for a period of time to survive long enough on the off chance that they might do some trading with Indians?

And what HAZMAT gear did those evil blanket traders use in order to properly dose the blankets down?

Smallpox friends, NOT chicken pox. Highly contagious and would kill a white man just as fast as an Indian one.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Exclamation points don't infer shouting. They indicate other feelings and, in this case, surprise. Capital letters are most often thought to infer shouting. Few people use that except for an occasional word or two in a sentence.

The comment to you was just to point out that what I wrote needed to be taken in its context to understand my use of the words. I was a little surprised how you quoted my use of the word and felt it needed some clarification.

Reading feelings into written words can be very difficult. That's a down side of e-mail and similar communications these days. Its difficult to see the person's body language and judge their emotions. For me that might be an advantage, however, because my dear wife says I look mad even when I'm not!

I'm glad you want to please our Lord as all Christians do. That's a real struggle for me. I'm like old Paul who only thought he was the world's worst sinner! I want to "do right" but I often "do wrong"!

14. OCC

OCC Guest

Hey Dragoon, then I'm sorry. I tend to use exclamation marks only when I'm shouting or being sarcastic.

I only qouted your use of the word propaganda because I used it according to its definition, I even gave the definition, and yet someone felt the need to confront me on it and TRY to make me look bad. Therefore, I wanted to point out to that person that you used the word too. I had no problem with you or with you using it. I just sorta used your use of the word as an example to open that person's eyes. I don't think it worked. :(

As for feelings into written words, etc...I totally agree. God bless.

15. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

No problem, King James, and I'm sorry as well for the misunderstanding. May God continue to bless you also!

17. OCC

OCC Guest

Ok brother. Peace...

18. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

That's a very good observation by Sowell! </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] Agree.

19. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Sure, after the Coalition of the Willing opened the borders.

20. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Sure, after the Coalition of the Willing opened the borders. </font>[/QUOTE]The border issue also needs to be dealt with and hopefully enough Americans will make it clear we want that done and are willing to pay the price for doing it both political and economic.