1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nazarene/Christ In Christian Union/Wesleyan

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thegospelgeek, Apr 27, 2010.

1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

"In spite of the bushel being rotten at the top, as it were, there are still good Christian people that needed a Christian pastor."

True. We just visited an old friend who is now attending the same Methodist Church that I was saved out of many years ago. During that time many years ago, my sister went forward for salvation at a Billy Graham Crusade and was later told by that Methodist pastor that she didn't need any of that conversion stuff because she was okay without it.

Today that same Methodist church, with another pastor of course, teaches the need for conversion and even had revival services. The Methodist church is rotten at the top, but some of the churches and ministers still preach salvation anyway. Apparently there is a strong denominational tradition among Methodists.

2. Mike Stidham

Mike Stidham Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's largely a difference in church government. With the inclusion of the Free Methodist Churches, I've known ministers in those denominations to move very freely from one group to another.

3. Mike Stidham

Mike Stidham Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a different experience with the UMC, and I think it differs by conference. In 2004 when the issue of homosexuality came before the UMC General Conference, our pastor wrote a letter on the subject which could be summed up as "No way Jose!" But apparently you can get away with bucking the system when you're the second largest church in the state.
    But yeah, the UM's around southern Illinois are fairly conservative doctrinally.

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

What is the difference between the Congregational Methodist Church and the First Congregational Methodist Church?