1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA 2006 Yee Haw

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thjplgvp, Sep 27, 2006.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I have to get this in before I leave on an extended trip. It almost Kobe time:laugh: . Who will do what this year?

Fat Shaq will not repeat but Wade is still a class act.
    Kobe will still thorw up 40 points per night.
    Amare's commback remains to be seen.
    No one has any idea what Portalnd will do
    The C's need to get rid of Danny Boy and let Doc coach the team.
    Big Ben will be a big flop in Chi town
    Harrington will regret going back to the Pacers
    Hill will play all year and be an all-star
    Flip Saunder will be fired before the year is over
    Spreewell will sign with a team and play (maybe Minnesota again)

I sure hope the Kings hurry up and get to OKC.

This should be enough to get you all going in my absence

thjplgvp

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

What do you base this on?

I expect the Bulls with their additions to contend for the Eastern Conference. They have a lot of young talent to go along with Big Ben.

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I have not left yet so i will answer. Simply age and speed he is coming to chicago and he is entering into a line up that runs. At Ben's age he cannot do it for the year. He will try, he will be game, but he is a big man with a lot of muscle and not a lot of dexterity.

I do not believe he will last the year. Perhaps flop is a little harsh since he has already proven himself to be a great player. Let me say he will not last unless his minutes are greatly reduced.

There is no doubt Chicago will compete this year with or without Ben. They will be a pretty good team capable exciting the fans.
    thjplgvp

5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Chicago played the Heat well last year in the playoffs. They may even make the Eastern finals, though I don't think they will win.

The big rub against the Heat last year was that they were not used to each other and not playing as a team. With a full year under their belt and everyone coming back for another year, they should be in the driver's seat this year.

And yes, D-Wade is a class act. Great commercial for the Lincoln Navigator too.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

As a homer...I look for a big year out of the Cavaliers if Hughes plays like he did with the wizards and not last year. The draft picks will be interesting to watch, too, along with what moves are made getting rid of the logjam of guards we have.

7. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

What are your thoughts so far on the rookie’s? I have very surprised at how well Bargnani from Toronto has played as well as Tyrus Thomas in Chicago but Tyrus is in anear impossible situation for himself unless he gets traded with both Nocioni and Dang in front of him.

Perhaps the biggest surprise to me is Foye of Minnesota he had great summer league numbers 24.8 - 4.2 - 2.2 in 33 minutes per game. Those numbers may move Ricky Davis to the 3 spot while Garnett stays at the 4 and Blount at the 5 add Mike James at the PG and Jaric at the back up and you are looking at a very dangerous team.

Also Adam Morrison seems to be an excellent fit in Atlanta and is having a great preseason.

Also what about Ager in Dallas will he get any playing time this year? He certainly plays well when he is in the game.

8. PastorSBC1303

Nocioni and Deng are not in front of him. Tyrus is going to be their backup PF behind P.J. Brown and should see some good minutes. Deng and Noc are playing SF.

I think Foye is going to be a real nice player.

He is in Charlotte.

He will be a good role player for them. Dallas is pretty well set and he won't have a major role atleast for the start of the season.

9. Inadequate in Myself

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mavs and Phoenix in the Western Conference Finals (Now that they have fixed the confused seeding problems). Whomever wins that one - wins the FINALS!!!:thumbsup:

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

"He is in Charlotte."

Sorry, I had it stuck in my mind that he was replacing Harrington.
    Duh :BangHead:

11. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Dallas has a rough road to hoe this this year with virtually every team in midwest having improved themselves. Denver has Nene back, K Mart has said he will be a good boy and Jr. Smith may finally come into his own?

Minnesota will be vastly improved and Houston has Sura back and added Bonzi Wells and Battier if Yao gets through his toe issue and McGrady stays healthy (back) they will be very tough.

San Antonio could find themselves at the bottom of their conference but most likely it will be Utah or Memphis and probably Utah.

Either way the Midwest and Central are truly the upper crust of the NBA this year and we should see some great games in those divisions.

I know its early and injuries have not played themselves out yet but I will take Minnesota and Dallas in the west and Chicago and New Jersey in the east for finals match ups.

Kobe for MVP, Garnett for defensive player of the year I'll hold off on the others for right now. :tongue3:

12. Inadequate in Myself

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you overestimating Kobe (then again, I have a bias against him being a PHX and DAL fan:eek: ). Plus, if Omare can keep his body in one piece, I think Phoenix moves into the upper echelon of teams. I think Denver and Minnesota both represent teams with loads of talent, but an inability to get together (a result of coaching). We'll see.

13. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

The Kobe thing is to get SBC going:tonofbricks: :laugh: .

Amare has an injury that no NBA player to date has recovered to 100% to where they were before the injury. I hope he does return at 100% but statistics are against him.

When Saunders was at Minn. I would agree they had a coaching problem but now Detroit has a coaching problem which Dumars will probably eliminate before February 07. :smilewinkgrin:

14. PastorSBC1303

:laugh:

Well Kobe has a good a shot as anyone to win the MVP going into the season. However, my pick would be LeBron to win the MVP this year.

15. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do not count out the Spurs yet! They will be much improved!

16. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

AF Guy N Paradise,

I was through San Antonio about 10 days ago on I-35 and passed the Alamo Dome, how do yo all get around down there? I took me about hour to get through with all the construction going on. I did like the signs that said how much time between exits. You could time your prayer lists while going to and from work. :laugh:

San Antonio is going to have a difficult time this year my friend. Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen and Brent Barry are not the answer. They better figure out how to get Bonner in the line up and come up with 3 that can do some damage from the outside.

Tim and Tony are not enough in that division. :smilewinkgrin:

17. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that we need young blood, but we still have a fine nucleus and good role players. I was at game 7 last year when the Mavs beat us. We should have won that game. I think the new players we have this year will help and I agree that Bonner will play a key role. We shall see!

18. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

season begins tonight

Well the count down for Flip is under way. Its win or go home for the coach. Yeah I know I pick on him a lot but he deserves it. Fort Worth Star Telegraph puts Flip at the head of the pack with Isaiah and Doc Rivers running a close 2nd and 3rd.

Perhaps no other coach will feel the heat this season like Flip Saunders.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/nba/dallas_mavericks/15891865.htm

Because of Kobe's knee problem I passed on him in my fantasy draft and choose Duane Wade with fat Shaq probably out of the picture till February (I know he's playing but not very hard) Wade will have to carry the team although if they somehow swing the deal and sign J. Rose that will bode well for them.

Our Fantasy League plays pnts, rbnds and assts in a head to head format with 14 teams by auction. I have Wade, D. Howard, R. Lewis, T. Murphy, W. Sczerbiak, B. Wells, M. Dunleavy, J. Crawford, A. Jefferson, S. Williams, M. Blount, JJ Ridick, T. Thomas, J. Farmer, and M. Ager.

Never had so many Dukies on my team nor so many rookies we'll see how the year goes. :BangHead: None-the-less tonight I will root for Wade and Kobe. :smilewinkgrin:

BTW since I always get Kobe no matter the price I caught one of the owners running up the bid on me and dropped Kobe on him at $90.00 ($260 cap) and I took Wade at $78.:laugh: I loved it!

Here's the toss, the tip and the games underway.

Thjplgvp

19. PastorSBC1303

Bulls start the season off mighty fine! !

20. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Well daBulls sure looked good last night. Athletic, fast and the defence rotated well. Miami certainly looked their age and I think they are in for a long season. On the other end of the USA the Lakers took care of business (with out the great one) but Amare looked strong in his first outing and Nash had seven A's in the first quarter I went to bed after that. But see where Odom stepped up big time.

Thjplgvp