1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA 2006 Yee Haw

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thjplgvp, Sep 27, 2006.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spurs beat the Mavs!

I will go and see the Spurs tonight beat LeBron and start out at 2-0!

Way too many people have counted this team out and the Spurs are still the team to beat out West IMHO!

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. The Spurs are one of the top teams out there.

I will be watching the Heat and the Nets tonight. I missed the opening night -- good thing I did. I think they mentally left the arena after they received their rings. We'll soon see if they are a year better or just a year older.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Beat LeBron, eh? :D

4. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was there tonight and SA looked real flat. How did it look on TV? It didn't help that they missed half their free throws. Oh well, it is a long season and I still think the Spurs will be there in the end.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Besides defense, LeBron's weakness is foul shots. In two games he's shooting around 50%, which stinks. If he's going to be ultra elite, he needs to be consistently in the 70's.

6. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

AF,

I still think SA is in trouble in the long haul, they simply have not upgraded their bench. Any type of lasting or lingering injury will cripple them. I did see where they played Bonner, finally! but 35 min a game for Tim will take its toll I am sure.

We will see, its early, I wish them well for I like Duncan but reasonably I just can't see them being there at the end of the year.

Thjplgvp

7. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

AF,

I just finished watching the SA - Phx game and I must say I was impressed with Oberto. Should he continue to play like that I will have to retract my earlier statements about S.A. being a Tim and Tony team and place back in the running for the West.

SBC have you seen Kobe this year? New duds, a new start and a new fan base. :tongue3: And what about that weird kid who went to NO what was his name? Oh yeah, Chandler. He seems to be coming around course he is not an all star yet. :smilewinkgrin:

Also why is Flip still in Detroit? Seeing his days are numbered he'll be gone before February is my guess.

Da bulls 2-2 its a longgggg time till March.

Thjplgvp

8. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep I was able to watch the last quarter after getting home from church. My season tickets were not even used! Elson and Bonner will help as well. And I think even Jackie Butler will help if and when they can ever activate him. Barry is playing his best ball now as well. He is hitting nearly everything he throws up there. It is a long season but I still think the Spurs win 60 games and take the West. Nobody out there right now looks all that great and a major threat to them but we shall see.

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I havent had a chance to watch Kobe and the pips yet. :)

The Bulls are going to be just fine. They have 7-8 new players on this year's team, so I am sure it is going to take an adjustment period for them to come together and get used to Coach Skiles. On a positive note for the Bulls, Ben Gordon seems like he has finally decided to start playing defense. Ben Wallace is doing his normal thing. The Rookies seem like they are going to make some solid contributions as well. I think they will have every shot to contend for the East.

What is up with the Mavs so far this year? That is surprising to me!

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

What’s wrong with Dallas is anyone’s guess? But as always, I have two cents worth of input on a ten dollar question. :smilewinkgrin:

I believe the answer to the problem is the bench. I do not know where Van Horn is but he is not with the team, they lost Daniels and Deavan George has been hurt and now Howard is out. Their leading preseason scorer, Ager, has not left the bench except in cameo appearances and Stackhouse can no longer carry a team off the bench.

And the answer is, drum roll please, play Ager and let him shoot, shoot, shoot you need points off the bench and Ager is a scorer plain and simple. Hopefully George will add depth at the 3 which is also Howard’s spot.

Other than that fire the coach :tongue3: . I love that part.

Whats up with Isaiah Thomas and the Knicks? Crawford seems to be the only guy playing big time basketball. How the mighty have fallen with Francis and Starbury? Makes one wonder who outsmarted who on all those trades a couple of years ago.

Al Jefferson with the C's sure has had a string of bad luck the last two years last year he could not get his ankle to heal and now he will miss 4-6 weeks after an emergency appendectomy.

Thjplgvp

11. PastorSBC1303

The Knicks need to keep on losing, losing, and losing. The reason? Because the Chicago Bulls have the option of swapping 1st Round picks in the draft next June.

The Bulls got a way better deal in their trade with the Knicks. The Knicks took Eddy Curry off their hands along with his weight and laziness problems. The Bulls got the Knicks 1st round pick this past year which turned into Tyrus Thomas, and they get the option of swapping picks this current year which should lead to another quality player. No question about who got the better deal in that trade.

Go Bulls and anyone playing the Knicks! :thumbsup:

12. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

SBC,

I am not sure the Bulls are heading in the right direction yet. They certainly seem to have great athleticism but at this time do not seem to have a closer. I have had the opportunity to see them play on TV a couple of times and have not seen a dominant offensive presence at crunch time. Gordon though good is still inconsistent and for Heinrich to be the closer he will have to become better at penetrating and scoring with two or three men determined to stop him. They truly need a PF or SF who can take charge. At this point PJ or Deng do not seem to be what they need and Thomas is still a couple of years away.

They are certainly a player in the playoffs but I am more skeptical now than earlier in the year of their chances to do damage.

After seeing some of the rumors going around and after reading of Shaq’s surgery I predict that Fratello will be removed as head coach of Memphis and that Riley will hire him at Miami to replace himself and provide a handy scapegoat for a lost season. Hopefully that will allow Wright and Wade to play and up tempo style though Fratello is still pretty old school in that regard.

Nelson is doing well at GS and I for one am glad. Also I am in agreement with you concerning the Knicks. Let them lose, let them lose, let them lose I think is how the Christmas song goes.
    But I drafted Crawford on my fantasy team so I really need him to do well.

The C’s have three in a row and Kobe is developing into a different player Yeah!

thjplgvp

13. PastorSBC1303

They have not played well recently. However, the season is still early. Skiles is still playing with lots of lineups and combos. I still think they will be fine. They are still adjusting to having 8 new players on this team.

14. PastorSBC1303

Well Ben Wallace and the Bulls seem to be coming together nicely. They have won 10 out of their last 11.

Check out Ben Wallace's numbers over the last 3 games:

10 pts 27 rebs 6 asst 3 steals 3 blocks

15 pts 20 rebs 2 asst 2 steals 5 blocks

10 pts 13 rebs 4 asst

15. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, my Spurs are playing pretty good as well even though many on here thought that they were too old to contend this year...