1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Award Time ... cast your vote.

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Convicted by the Spirit, Apr 13, 2006.

?
  1. Allen Iverson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kobe Bryant

36.4%
  3. Lebron James

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Gilbert Arenas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dwyane Wade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Elton Brand

36.4%
  7. Dirk Nowitzki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chauncey Billups

18.2%
  9. Steve Nash

9.1%
  10. Someone else ... please state below.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Convicted by the Spirit

Since the NBA Season is winding down I figured we could find out between all the great minds on this board who is MVP, ROY, COY and DPY. Cast your vote now!

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

MVP-Dirk
    ROY-Chris Paul
    COY-Avery Johnson
    DPY-Ben Wallace

3. Convicted by the Spirit

I filling out the form I almost put just Chris Paul for ROY. I can't see anyone even getting a vote from him.

MVP - Lebron
    ROY - Chris Paul
    COY - Avery Johnson
    DPY - Ben Wallace.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

MVP-Dirk
    ROY- Chris Paul
    COY- Flip Saunders
    DPY- Ben Wallace

5. PastorSBC1303

Wow, 4His, I thought for sure you would go with Billups. You feeling ok? [​IMG]

Someone vote for other in the MVP, I am curious to know who they think it should be that was not listed?

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I did that by mistake! I overlooked Dirk's name- that was who I intended to vote for.

I didn't choose Billups, even though I believe a case could be made for his canidacy, and perhaps if Dirk wasn't as valuable to his team as he is I would have chosen him. But the way the Pistons have been playing as of late- even their bench, I just couldn't vote for Billups.

7. Convicted by the Spirit

I notice someone voted for Charlie V over Chris Paul. I would like see that case made.

8. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Lebron
    Chris Paul
    Flip Saunder
    Big Ben!

9. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Haven't watched enough NBA this year - to even make an unintelligent guess!

Go NASCAR!!!

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

MVP - Kobe
    ROY - Ray Felton
    COY - Byron Scott
    DPY - J Kidd

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Ditto here.

Timtoolman

12. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

to Convicted by the Spirit,

I tried to vote but your choices are to limited example. You do not have Ray Felton as a candidate for ROY even though he out played all candidates the last 30 games of the year and had to battle for an opportunity to play. Chris Paul aand Charlie V are great players but so is Felton. Also look at what the Hornets have and look how far they went (not on talent) on coaching. To Leave B Scott off the list for COY is in my opinion short sightedness.

Also Defence always looks to the big guys in the paint but look at what J Kidd has done this year in relation to taking on the opposing teams top guards and limiting their production greatly.

Kidd was on the NBA all defensive team in 03-04, 01-02, 00-01, 98-99 and the second team three other years including 04-05.

I don't disagree with any of your choices other than Sanders (he is taking credit for what LB did) lets see the Pistons next year and pass judgment on his coaching abiblity when he has to put the pieces together and is not taking a team that has their starter and rotation set for the last three years.

Have a great day I am enjoying the board.
    thjplgvp

13. PastorSBC1303

Felton has played extremely well over the last part of the season. But for the entire year he is not the ROY. Chris Paul is clearly the ROY based on what he did for the entire season.

Kidd is a good defender. But IMO, he is not in consideration for the defensive player of the year. I think Ben Wallace has been above and beyond the player of the year defensively. And everyone on here knows how hard it is for me to give any Pistons any credit [​IMG]

I agree with you here. Flip definitely fell into a great situation and I don't think he is the coach of the year. IMO Avery Johnson is the only real choice here.

14. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I am not saying that my chices are the best I am saying that if I am to have a choice I would like a ballot that would allow me to add if the name is not on the list (like your MVP). I don't disagree with Paul or any of the other choices (other than Saunders)

Since the all star break Felton has averaged 16.8, 7.3 A's, and 9 RB's

Sorry got to put that in hehehe

15. Convicted by the Spirit

Your right this was a limited poll. I only put people on who could actually win the award. I seriously almost put just Chris Paul as the choices. His play has been that good. Felton turned it on towards the end of the year ... probably why for the oversite. I was really glad to see the bobcats take the in state talent. He and may will be good.

16. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I see you are a late nighter as well. I work 3rd shift and this is my night off so I am studying (SS) and reading this forum.

Enjoy

thjplgvp

17. Convicted by the Spirit

I just read on ESPN.COM that early reports are saying Steve Nash has won the MVP award.

18. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nash will win MVP and deserves it again even though I am not a huge fan of his.

Paul will win ROY and I agree that Felton made the race very interesting. Picking up Felton late in the season helped me to another fantasy championship.

COY will be close but I give the edge to Avery Johnson, but could be wrong here unlike the first two.

I like Bruce Bowen for the last award as I get to see him play all the time and he shuts down whomever he guards most of the time. But I could be wrong here as well.

My first two picks are locks...

Go Spurs!!!

19. PastorSBC1303

Pretty easy to make picks when it is already being reported that Nash is the MVP...way to go out on a limb :rolleyes: [​IMG]

20. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you're right SBC...

BTW, where are you in our baseball league?