1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Momma don't raise your sons to be pacer fans...... [​IMG]

Game 4 at 3:00.We have church at 5:00 so guess I'll miss the last half. Which is the most important.

2. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

The fat lady is still warming up!

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I thought the Pistons would dominate this series, yet Indiana has really stepped up. I have enjoyed watching this series and the Mavs/Suns.

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

So did Pastor. After the first game I think a lot of pacer fans where thinking the same. But they are a good team and have a great coach. Its going to be fun. Rasheed has promised a win, hope that doesn,t seal their doom. If I was a betting man I would still have to put my money on the Pistons.

I see the Pacers coach has forfeited his right to complain at the refs. He says they are doing a fine job. I am sure I have seen him out of his seat yelling at the refs almost the whole time. I know I did when he was here in Detroit.

5. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Tim, don't you think Larry Brown was way out of line to complain about the ref on that last play(Reggie)? No Ref, in any NBA game, especially in the playoffs, would have called a foul on that play. They have played the replay over a thousand times by now, surely Larry realizes by now his complaint is invalid? I think Larry may have hurt his character a little bit with his remarks. Regardless, don't we all say things we wish we hadn't at times!!!

I tell ya, really it gets hard to watch NBA sometimes as every single time the whistle blows the players complain and whine... I sometimes wonder if they realize what they look like on closeup's on camera when they're crying every single time they travel or foul somebody...

See ya after game 4!

(You know you have to win this one, 3-1 would
    be ALMOST impossible to overcome)

Todd

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Heat sweep without MVP Shaq (come now, did little Nash really deserve this??) playing for the last two games and now they have plenty of time to rest.

I plan on having fun watching the Pacers and Pistons beat each other up (again, not literally) and stretching this out to seven games.

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Nah I don't think it hurt him. He just made a good pt and most commentators up here, of course, are calling it a offensive foul. Brown says we stopped them for 5 mins. by playing good defense. How did Reggie get free? Honest question. He pushed off. Yes they do call it. They just missed it. I don't think that lost the game for them as I said earlier. Piston played poor ball and the pacers played quit well. HOwever I hope your coach does not even attempt to complain about the refs with his remark.

Pistons will come back with a vengence. And finish it here at home.

I used that move all the time in my younger days. Sometimes I would get away with it sometimes not. When A guy is all over me I step into him and push him back then go up for the shot while the force of the push in sending him backwards. I know that when I did get away with it, it made my opponant very angry. grin

As far as the complaining going on I agree Rasheed and Reggie should watch themselves on tv to see how foolish they look. I will say that Reggie has quited down quite a bit but I have always refered to Reggie as the king on the NBA whiners. I think he is getting too old to spend energy on the refs. Therefore I think he has gotten better.

Piston can be cruel. Playing sloppy and giving the other team that hope of "maybe" then breaking their little hearts. ;)

See you at 7 or 8 but I will be checking in.

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

tfisher, they are little heartbreakers.

Deeettttrrrrrooooiiiiittttt bbbbbaaaaasssskkkeeetttbaaaaaaalllllllllllll. Can't even hear the Reggie chants any longer.

[​IMG]

9. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

The SA Spurs Are still at it! They have to make a hard road of it. Perhaps, their heroics will be called this time. Just can't see the forrest for the trees yet, in this playoff year.

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Mavs win game 4! They really took Nash and consequently Stoudamire out of his game. Although it is tough to say that you took a player out of his game when he hangs half a hundred on you! - But the Mavs kept Nash from his normal assist total - and cut off his kick outs for three pointers. Stoudamire only scored 15!

Which Mavs team will show up in phoenix for game 5?

Speaking of time - TNT and ESPN have the Mavs Phoenix game on late every night - We Dallas fans have had some bleary eyed mornings.

11. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Any other Mavs or Suns fans out there?

12. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

REGGGIIIEEEE, REGGGGIIIEEEE, REEEGGGGGIIIEEE...

Its not over yet, although we looked horrible last night. Just don't understand my Pacers... so inconsistant...this series will probably go 7 games... I personally think Detroit will win, but u never know!!! Hope is still alive!!

Todd

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am not a Mavs or a Suns fan....but enjoying the series! I am pulling for the Mavs!

14. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

The West playoffs have turned into a barn burner! A trickle of doubt is beginning to cloud my mind: Can anybody stop the Heat? Especially, the rested and healthy Heat( all Shaq Aside).

15. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Short answer: NO. My hope is that the Western games and the Pistons and Pacers go to a full seven games, and the big man will be fully rested by the time the finals come around.

16. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Shaq neds to watch out for big Ben Wallace if Detroit makes it. The detroit d can (I think) contain wade - and wallace matches up well agains shaq. Great bball if you like those 75-70 games!

Me I like the runnin and gunnin and funnin west!

17. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Wally Wally, they stopped shaq and kobe dead in their tracks last year. Sorry the real championship game is going on now between the Pacers and Pistons. IMHO

Either way it is turning out to be a fun year in the playoffs.

18. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Reggie who? I know pacers will not quit. They will come back with a counterattack. The pistons just have too many options though. Agian its a great series. Nothing but respect for the pacers.

I heard Grant Hill say what I have been saying all season. Rasheed is just as good as O'neal. He has yet to play a game where he hustles. He plays like he is taking a walk through the park. Lazy I think is the word. And that whining. sheshh.

Hey tfisher, its been fun either way.

Tim

19. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The Heat are not as good as people make them out to be. Other than Shaq and Wade, who do they have?

Dertoit can handle Shaq, and Wade would be neutralized by their D as well.

20. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Before starting about how the Pistons are going beat the Heat, they need to get past the Pacers first, don't you think? Not sure that will happen.