1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Jun 10, 2007.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Cavs vs Spurs. Hash it out here!

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Not a chance!

First game a walk in the park for SA!

(please, no childish private messages to me. If you can't say it in the open then don't say it!)

#2 Timtoolman, Jun 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Sorry to hijack the thread, Tom, but Tim doesn't want to deal with this in private and I'm not about to let him bully me.

Although this isn't the church, I thought maybe a Biblical model could be used. Evidently, the Biblical model isn't the way to go.

So, here it is, Tim.

Stop trying to bully me.
    Stop being a sore loser.
    Stop acting like a complete jerk.

There's another great verse in the Bible that applies here.

And, let me reiterate my private message. Leave me alone, Tim. You said something about not using your precious time here. Sounds like a good idea.

Looks like the Spurs are going to sweep Cleveland.

4. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on guys. I love sports and even like talking smack sometimes but let us be mature Christians about this.

I was there live last night watching the Spurs play awesome for three quarters and have like a 30 point plus lead. We nearly left but decided to stay a little longer then the lead shrunk to 20, then to 10, then I think the Cavs had a chance to actually cut it to 4. We ended up staying for the whole game.

The Spurs do this all the time, but I guess what team can play that great for all 4 quarters? It is natural to let up somewhat. Let us see how the Cavs use this surgence for game 3.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll be happy now to see a 5th or 6th game. I wish Brown would not be so stinkin stubborn and bump Hughes from the starting lineup. It's clear Gibson is the better player at the moment, and has the hot hand (and better D).
    We have the offense to get right back in games, but the problem is getting into such a huge hole that it's almost impossible to climb back out. If that lead was only 12 - 17 instead of 27, we may have had a chance in the fourth quarter. The comeback didn't occur against SA's 2nd and 3rd teams, but it's starters.

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

CC and Tim

I love talking sports with you guys on this board, please agree to disagree, bury any hatchets and get back to some spirited debate! you guys both make some great points and I have a blast talking with you.

That said - is San Antonio trying to make this series as boring as the NHL - come on guys, lets give Cle a fighting chance, run the ball and the score up a bit. I got so bored last night, I let my wife talk me into watching The Queen with Helen Miren (good movie, but slow) I think it had more pace than the two games so far.

David Moore in the Dallas Morning news this morning said that Paris Hilton (she of the alergy to iron bars) should be glad that she is in prison and not forced to watch this mess!

by the way webdogggie, of course gibson is a great player - he is from the greatest state!

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Moderator's Warning

This is an open and final warning. Knock it off.

Administrative review of this situation is underway.

I appreciate the thoughts of those who wish that this conflict had not taken place or continued. Let us all stick to the topic at hand, which is the NBA Finals. If that can't happen, this thread may be closed per Baptist Board rules.

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

all have opinions

CC I am just asking for a little maturity. This is a sports forum and it should be fun. You wrote me to tell me what you thought of me not to work it out. Therefore I said say it oultloud so others can see. If you don't want to work it out between the two of us (which was quite clear in you message you sent me) then it should be brought before others.

We all like to support our teams but you have stepped over the line. Again just asking for a LITTLE maturity from you that is all. Just let it go like I have asked you several times.
    Tim

Thanks for trying to be the peacemaker Jimmy appreciate that. Spurs in 4 as they stroll through the park to the championship.

Tom you said too knock it off then you let CC rant on and attack me? Unless bulley, jerk etc are not personal attacks.

#8 Timtoolman, Jun 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  9. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Hello Tim,

Please take a look at the time/date markers at the top of the two posts you are referring to (CC's occurred first and then Tom's about three hours later) and after doing so I think you may want to change the above quoted statement.;)

#9 Bible-boy, Jun 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  10. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Spurs are toooo good! Spurs have more experince in NBA Finals than Cavs. I expecting Spurs will win in 6.

11. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I picked them to win it in 6 as well but I think that is just wishful thinking because I want to see them win it all here in SA instead of Cleveland.

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

My prediction - and its worth exactly what you pay for it!, is that Cle will figure out a way to win tonight, for thier lone win in the series

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:tear: (sigh)

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Cle should have won last night, that said, some one needs to break up San Antonio, they are the best and most BORING team in NBA history.

congrats to San Antone though - they have perfected a great system. condolences to ABC, too bad about those ratings.

15. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we are only going to get better.

We have at least 3 more solid years left out of our big 3 and we also have some good young talent on our bench and our inactive roster. And we also get 3 draft picks this year with one of them being in the first round. This is a deep draft and we will get at least one good player that can contribute right away...

16. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

AF Guy, thats exactly what I'm afraid of :) Congrats to your Spurs - finals arent over yet, but for all intents and purposes...

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Spurs up 3-0, and no one is watching on TV.
    And spare me the "Sopranos finale was on" excuse. They weren't on last night, or for game one, or for the conference finals, or any other playoff games where the viewership is tanking.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The negative perception of the city of Cleveland is sickening...and what is leading to the ratings. By the commentators and "reports" you would have thought the Spurs were playing the Baghdad Cavaliers.

19. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Congrats Spurs! Too bad it happened in Cle, AF Guy had to watch on TV (or possibly tape)

No doubt about it, The Spurs were THE BEST team in the NBA this year

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Now Jimmy, just because a team wins a championship doesn't mean they're the best team :laugh:

I actually forced myself to watch the last five minutes just out of curiousity (Actually, switching back and forth from the Braves-Twins game). Did Cleveland want to win this game/series? Sure didn't look like it. Then again, the NBA hasn't looked like real basketball in years, so it's hard to tell.

Here's wishing ABC condolences at being beaten in the ratings by CSPAN3 and The History of Knitting mini-series.

Hope the NBA die-hards don't have any withdrawl symptoms during the 37 day off-season :laugh:

#20 TomVols, Jun 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007