1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Offseason Moves

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Jul 5, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The NBA offseason is starting to heat up.

Ben Wallace to the Bulls. Tyson Chandler may be traded today.

Pistons sign Nazr Mohammed to replace Wallace.

Wade gets contract extension. Lebron may be next?

Thoughts on the offseason so far? Good moves, bad moves?

I am curious to know what Piston fans think about Big Ben leaving them for the Bulls?

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "For Gawd's Sake - I traded Babe Ruth, I didn't kill him"!! Manager of the New York Yankees in a press conference after trading Babe Ruth.

We were incredibly blessed to have had Ben for a while.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

What???!!!

I don't know SBC, I would like a center that could score. However as said earlier it was great having Ben with us. He lives right down the road from me about 1 mile. My house would fit in his garage. How do you feel about him going to the Bulls? Excited? Do you think he is going to get them to the finals or closer then last year?

Tim

4. PastorSBC1303

I am excited about Big Ben coming to the Bulls. He is the epitome of what the Bulls were missing last year, a big presence in the middle of the paint. I am not going to say they are winning a title next year, but I def think they are on the right track and are now contenders again in the east.

5. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

RE:Big Ben

I couldn't resist a basketball question.:laugh:

Da Bulls did great in the short term school is out on Tyrus in the long term. Ben will love Chi Town and Skiles and this move sends the Bulls up the ladder somewhere between 3 and 5 and if Tyrus pans out perhaps 1-3.

I am a huge Chandler fan and think the Bulls gave up way to early. This kid is the real deal and I believe by the middle of the season the Hornets are going to be chanting his name along with Paul's. Stojakovic is not the piece the Hornets were looking for at the 2 but he is lots better than JR Smith

I still think that Al Harrington is the piece to watch in the East this man is a stud with a capital 'S' and he can rebound like Ben and averages around 12 per why Atlanta is willing to let him go is beyond me. I hope he goes to the Celtics.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I am not to dissapointed with Ben Wallace moving on. He didn't play last year like he has in the past; he is getting older and I think that his best years may be behind him. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think Big Ben is slowing down.

I am excited about Mohammed coming. He will probably be a bit more of an offensive prescence inside than Ben was, and that is somthing the Pistons are deffinetly lacking.

7. Convicted by the Spirit

All the big names this year are going fast. If the Cavs are going to sign someone they need they better do it quickly. The trade for PJ and JR surely makes the bulls better now that they have Wallace. Seems to me that the Hornets severly over paid for Peja. Any one have any ideas where Al Harrington is going to end up?

:wavey:

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I agree that the Hornets overpaid for Peja, I also think the Bulls overpaid for Wallace, as I said, his best years are behind him. I don't think he is worth 60 million.

9. PastorSBC1303

Come on now, let's not get crazy. I realize the Piston fans want to put a positive spin on things, but there is absolutely no way you get excited over Mohammed compared to Ben Wallace. Have you actually checked the stats on Mohammed? I doubt he is going to be an offensive presence and he is not even close to the defensive presence of Wallace.

Granted, the Bulls may have slightly overpaid for Wallace, but that is what you do when you feel you got a chance to add a major piece that is lacking to the puzzle. I think it is a great move and the Bulls are positioning themselves to contend next year for the Eastern Conference.

No matter what spin is coming out of Detroit, this is not a positive step for Detroit. You lose the 4 time NBA defensive player of the year, you got a head case in Rasheed Wallace and a coach that is under a lot of heat for this past playoffs. And all you have done so far is add Mohammed. :laugh:

Should be an interesting season coming up...

10. PastorSBC1303

Why is Lebron taking so long to decide on his extension?

11. PastorSBC1303

What has Chandler done to show that he is the real deal? He has been a huge underachiever in Chicago. They have given him opportunity after opportunity to succeed. Each year it has been the same thing, talk big in the offseason about what a good year you are going to have and then in the regular season he turns soft.

Also, don't miss the fact that the Bulls made this trade so that they will free up more cap room for next year.

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Why all this talk about Ben Wallace - the blockbuster trade of the off season is Marquis Daniels (Mavs) to the Pacers for Austin Crozier (yawn)

Seriously - I think the Bulls are making huge strides this offseason - I think they will be one of the top three teams in the east this year

13. Convicted by the Spirit

Jimmy,

Daniels was my favorite Mavs player. I think he will get a lot of minutes in Indy and turn out to be a solid NBA player. I had him on my fantasy team last year ... until he got injuried.

14. PastorSBC1303

From the Mavs perspective I didn't really understand that trade. You give up a young athletic player for an older backup at best.

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The Mavs felt like they drafted an upgrade, Daniels and Avery didnt really get along well. Crozier is to take Keith Van Stiffs place in the lineup. couldnt you hear me groan every time Avery put Van Horn in???

Also saves the Mavs about 26 million over the long haul, money they can spend elsewhere.

I personally like Daniels and hopes he shows the mavs brass what he can do up in indy - he must stay healthy though, a feat he could not do in dallas

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lebron agreed to the 5 year deal today... :applause: :thumbs:

17. PastorSBC1303

Great news for the Cavs. Any word on why it took him so long?

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They didn't say. Hopefully he was out recruiting free agents, or an offensive minded assistant coach...

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

From Bill Simmons' latest column on ESPN:

Ouch. Hope he's wrong about this.

20. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Late rebuttal

Chandlers 'each year' you are talking about is only five years and remember Chicago drafted him right out of high school. He has been playing with a sore back in 03,04 and 05 and then platooned with with Curry in late 04 & 05. So we have a 24 year old 7'1" center who now has 5 years experience and a fresh start. I will take him in my fantasy draft in a heart beat.

I fail to see how you can call him an underachiever the fact is in 340 games over five years averaging 24 minutes per game he has 2600+ rebounds and 487 blocks. If those minutes were projected to 48 per he would lead the NBA in Def. rebounds and be second in Off. rebounds and his blocks would be 2-3 per game.

Like I said earlier Chicago will regret this move but we here in OKC want to than you all for sending him our way.:laugh: