1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Offseason Moves

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Jul 5, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Being a lifelong Bulls fan, I am well aware of when they drafted him and how many years they gave him to make a difference. Five years is a pretty good amount of time to see if a guy can develop into a player to build a team around. Paxson has made great moves as GM and I agree with this move as well, it was time to move in a new direction.

He has been injured a lot and there is no reason to believe that he will not continue to struggle with injuries throughout his career. Chandler and Curry never platooned. When they had both they played Chandler at PF and Curry at C.

You have a 24 year old 7'1" underachieving role player. He is not going to be a star in the league. If you are depending on him on your fantasy team, you got problems :laugh:

He is an underachiever based on the place that he was drafted and what was expected of him coming to the Bulls with Curry. Neither of them have developed into really good players. Your numbers look and sound right, but projecting those numbers really does not show anything. If he was that good, then he would be playing 40 mins a game. Reality is that he didn't play that much and continues to be an underachiever. He talks a great game in the offseason, but things change in the regular season.

Many people thought the Bulls would regret trading Curry as well, but that has turned out great! The move we do regret is trading Elton Brand to the Clippers for Chandler. That was a horrible move.

I am thrilled with the position of the Bulls right now. And if I have to choose between the Hornets and the Bulls, the Bulls are in WAY better position.

2. PastorSBC1303

Being the 4 time defensive player of the year is way more than a 'mild defensive upgrade'.

But everyone is welcome to their opinion.

The majority of things I have read has most people agreeing that Paxson and the Bulls have made some great moves this offseason.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

PastorSBC, I'll accept your expert position on this as long as you accept my expert position on...

uh...

well, that is...

umm...

... well, I'm sure I'm an expert on something, even if it's in my own mind. :smilewinkgrin:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Lebron agreed to only a three year deal :eek:

This gives him flexibility to see where the Cavs are going in a few years, while his contract now expires the same years as Hughes and Z. Great move for him...scary move for Cleveland fans! He really wants to win, and now the Cavaliers will have to make this happen in order to keep him past '10. Great pressure move on the front office.

5. PastorSBC1303

I think that is a very smart thing for Lebron. The Cavs have never proven they can put a consistent winner on the court. He is giving them their chance to do that over the next three years. If they don't he will go win a championship for a team that will do that.