1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Convicted by the Spirit

Being from Texas (where everyting is bigger and better) I agree with Pastor ... Dallas or San Anton can beat the Pistons. I see another 6 or 7 games series ahead in the finals.

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Guess we'll see in the end. The pistons came out this year saying we lost something that we shouldn't have and plan to show everyone. So far they been walking the talk.

What bet do I have with Ken? Is it the one about not posting for a month? I forgot already and havebn't seen Ken around. Willing to keep it though.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

That was terrible. I can't stand the Heat's attitude. What was with Haslem throwing his mouth guard at the ref in game 1? My 4 year old knows not to behave like that!

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I forgot the terms of the bet too. But I did some looking around on here and found the following quotes from the thread on "How About Them Pistons"

5. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Go Lakers [​IMG] [​IMG] Who woulda thought they would be up 2-1 at this point? :eek:

I know three games do not constitute a series but I enjoyed the game tremendously, including the tough physical play. Walton Sr. has no class. As well as Jr. Walton played the least Sr. could have done was give credit where credit was do.

For the sake of argument :D Lebron did walk on his last shot that gave the Cavs the game?

Lakers in seven...go Kobe

6. PastorSBC1303

Gotta ruin a good post with a jab at Lebron huh? [​IMG]

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't forgotten about it. Doesn't look like we will have the fun of seeing this bet become operative, though, as I am not real optimistic that that Spurs will make it out of the West. After the game one blow out they have really struggled against the Kings and if they get by them there are even better teams than the Kings to face.

But maybe the Spurs will surprise me. [​IMG]

8. PastorSBC1303

The Bulls looked good at home and tied the series 2-2 with Miami. But they got to win one on the road.

9. Convicted by the Spirit

I agree the Bulls looked really good. Shaq looked old and slow. Its all up to the condition of Tyson Chandler.

Who is this new Kobe Byrant we are seeing? Impressive on Sunday with his buckets towards the end of regulation. Smush Parker was playing out of his mind, not sure what think of that. Steve Nash really looked like he felt unjustified at the end of the game like someone just stole his MVP trophy. Anyone think the Suns will come back and tie it? Force game 7?

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

CS the 'new' Kobe may be a product of R Bell and Phoenix's defence. I watched Friday night and every time Kobe touched the ball Phoenix did a clear out in the paint an positioned players so they could collapse and get a two or three on one. Kobe was no Lebron (did you see that pass to Iggy :eek: ) but still made some timely passes and if he had had some better finishers could easily have had 10 A's

Smush took Nash to the rim several times Friday so I figured they would try a repeat of that today. Nash seems to be the only one truly playing to his potential on the Suns but that may be because of the Lakers interior 'D' (6 blks 9 stls) on Friday.

I am exited that Chi-town tied Miami. Go Bulls [​IMG] [​IMG] Now if NJ can finish the Pacers even if its in seven that would be nice.

It seems there are some tight series for it to be the first round.

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Congrads...I thought the Bulls looked great. Came ready to play and went full throttle. I watched the reply this morning at about 4 oclock.

12. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still think my Spurs will recover and goto the championship. However, I am a little more concerned than before. I may have to go to the game tomorrow now.

13. PastorSBC1303

I would be concerned if I were a Spurs fan.

If they do get past the Kings, I think they will have a bunch of trouble with the Mavs. The Mavs seem to be peaking at just the right time.

I think the Bulls can legitimately knock off the Heat. Should be fun to watch.

Kobe and the Lakers are playing great. Should be fun to see a all LA 2nd round matchup!

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

What is up with San Antonio? Anyone surprised that they have struggled against the Kings?

I agree that that Bulls can possibly knock off the Heat, and to be honest I would love to see that bunch of over-rated whiners loose.

Shaq deffinetly looks like he has lost some steam. He will have to begin hustling if he wants his team to win.

15. Convicted by the Spirit

One thing I noticed in last year's finals is when Manu G. played really well the Spurs handed it to the Pistons. When he pulled a disappearing act so did the Spurs. If the Spurs get past the kings then I don't see them getting past the Mavs. Like Pastor said the Mavs are peaking at the right time.

The only team out of the East that can possibly even make it to the finals is the Pistons. The Heat, which I thought from the get go were a little overrated, have not impressed and I don't see them changing. The nets in my opinion never had a chance and the rest of the field looks the same.

no matter how good kobe plays I can't go against my original pick of the mavs going to the finals and hopefully taking it this year.

16. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I decided to skip going to tonight's game and wait for game 1 when Dallas comes to town to get beat. Dallas does not match up with SA as well as Sacramento does and I think we will all see that.

17. PastorSBC1303

Well the Bulls blew their chance at this series tonight. They had the game in hand at one point in the 3rd quarter, but then they fell apart in the 4th.

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

But if they can just eek out one more win in Miami, maybe just maybe they can still pull it off. To be honest I think that Chicago plays more as team than Miami does.

19. PastorSBC1303

I hope so. I expect them to win at home tomorrow night and then lose game 7 at Miami.

With this run into the playoffs and a lottery pick in this coming draft the Bulls are in pretty good shape for the future. They have got to find some help in the front court.

20. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I can't believe that Lebron had 45 points, what selfish player? ;) ;) :D and 5 offensive R's no doubt he just wanted the ball so he could shoot it again. ;) ;)

On the lite side with Bell out for a game who do you think the Suns will put on Kobe Diaw or Jones?

Big game for NJN and Chicago tonight. Dabulls need to hang tough they still have a chance.