1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured NBC Poll has Trump winning by LANDSLIDE

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 11, 2016.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point was that if they wanted to churn up election turnout for the only poll that matters---the logical thing would be to keep the polls tight, maybe even with Clinton behind Trump a point or two. That would scare the base and motivate voters who might have otherwise stayed home.

Showing Clinton with a lead does Clinton no favors. It creates an aura of inevitability over time, and inevitable candidates have a way of losing.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh that is not the clinton camp philosophy.

3. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps not, but I don't think they're rigging the polls.

If you're ACTUALLY running, then you want a lead, of course. It would only be the perception of a close race that you would want to fire up your base.

IMO, Trump is going to lose in legitimate fashion. That doesn't mean Clinton hasn't been shady because she has. My point is that actually to rig an election in 2016 is practically impossible unless the margins were so razor thin like in 1960. Even then, I'm not sure it would be possible.

But I don't think this election will be close. It's too bad for the GOP because they had a number of good candidates who would have beaten Clinton like a drum.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think Hillary can beat Trump

5. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think she CAN. Whether or not she WILL is another question. It's still definitely up in the air. I think she will, but I could be wrong.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Longtime Republican strategist Karl Rove broke out a whiteboard to breakdown Donald Trump’s recent poll troubles on Fox & Friends Thursday.

“In the recent polls, in the Real Clear Politics Average, he’s down nine,” he told host Steve Doocy. “But we’ve got a little bit of weirdness going on here.”

[​IMG]
    Karl Rove breaks out the white board (Fox News)

“In the Marist poll that’s just out, he’s down by 11 — on the 10th of July he was down by nine, but in the Q poll out today he’s down 10, but in the middle of July he was actually up 2,” the former Bush senior advisor explained.

“Now that might’ve been because back in July they were interviewing registered voters, like the Marist did in both of its polls, but in the Aug poll Q interviewed likely voters,” he continued. “So a change in the methodology will start here in August and sept starting to look at pools of likely voters instead of registered voters or adults.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/k...ite-board-to-explain-how-trump-can-win-video/

7. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev Mitchell is exactly right. By November, Trump will win by a landslide.

8. Tendor

Tendor Member

Since you seem so sure that what you say will happen if there is no monkey business, what do you say will happen if there is monkey business?

Also, where do you get your data to support your statement of a 60% win?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if multiplied millions of votes go for Trump over Hillary then even a Herculean effort by the Democrat machine can't entirely wipe out the obvious. With the Clinton/Democrat/Media tinkering it might be able to show Trump with 48% and Hillary with 42%.

Since Trump has been hammering away at election fraud and making it quite plain to the public that Hillary out and out stole the primary from Bernie the opposition just might slink back in their dark corner.
    My data? Well, the revelations that have exposed the fake polls. The incredible crowds that Trump gets compared with the measly numbers that show up at Clinton's events. It looks like her staff and reporters constitute the bulk of the people in attendance.

Besides, at this stage a Republican candidate was 18 points behind in a race a few decades ago. Do you know the race I am referencing?

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way Trump has conducted his campaign, I would not be surprised if he orchestrates his own October Surprise against himself. The guy acts like a DNC shill.

• Like Like x 2
  11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. If he keeps saying the election is rigged he'll likely cause his people to stay home.

After seeing the poll results in late October showing him losing by double digits, Trump's October surprise might be to actually tell his supporters to stay home because it won't make any difference and then he'd keep the unspent campaign donations.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not data. That's celebrity worship. Besides, did you see the huge crowds at the Bernie Sanders rallies compared to Hillary's rallies? Remember the sizes of Ron Paul rallies? Where are those guys now?

Yes, Reagan was running against an incompetent incumbent who was about to botch a hostage rescue. Plus, Reagan had an actual campaign with TV and radio ads, workers on the ground, and a unified GOP party.

There was also a 3rd party candidate that was taking votes from Carter. Finally, Reagan would never campaign in a solid blue state like Connecticut as Trump just did, while ignoring crucial states like Ohio.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tendor

Tendor Member

You beat me to a response. But, well said.

• Like Like x 1
  14. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's no way on the planet that any candidate will crack 60%. Even in 1984, when Reagan won 49 states, he didn't win 60% of the popular vote. Nixon in 1972 was the last to cross the 60% threshold, also winning 49 states.

The moral of the story is that you pretty much have to run the table, and that might not be enough. I don't think any candidate will get 50%, but that's at least possible. 60% is as likely as Clinton endorsing Trump and dropping out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    StefanM, you've got to realize these Trumpies believe the hype that Trump and his surrogates put out there.

He did well in the primaries because he's the master manipulator of the press.

But now that he's behind in the polls it's because the press is biased.

In the primaries Trump was all about talking up the polls and how wonderful they were. But now the polls are rigged.

He just went on a Tweet storm today about how unfair the press has been. But when they were giving him 24/7 coverage in the primaries, he loved the press.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "People have asked me, why rally in Connecticut? They always choose democratic. My answer is simple - we plan on winning Connecticut!" ~ Donald Trump

17. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's like planning on winning 50 gold medals.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, such as master stroke of strategic thinking. Spend money on Connecticut, ignore Ohio. Brilliant.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Next up: Colorado and Virginia, two states where Clinton has 10+ points lead in polls, Virginia being the home state of Democrat VP candidate Tim Caine. Awesome strategy.

"I surround myself with all the best people."

Really, if he deliberately tried to help Hillary what would he do differently?

20. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might want to prepare yourself for the change of status quo and the real battle to come against Hillary.