1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NCAA: 3 point line moved farther back

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, May 3, 2007.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-ncaa-3-pointline&prov=ap&type=lgns

What do you think? I disagree with the move as stated.

Personally, I think the move should come:
    1)only if the line is equal to the International line, and
    2)only if the move is for both men and women. I hate having many lines on a basketball court. Some already look like a mess with multi-sport courts having all their lines on the gym floor at the same time (Mostly smaller and mid-major schools).

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to see it moved to NBA range. I think there are way too many 3's being shot. I would like to see more emphasis on running an offense and passing rather than just running down the court and throwing up a 3.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. Moving the line back discourages centers and players who have no business shooting 3's from hoisting them up like they are free throws.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is the "NAG" - National Orginazational of Women. I' sure they would want equality with men in regards to the placement of the 3 point line. And while they are at it, why not do away with girls teams, they should compete to be on the "mens" team. We are all equal arent we?

Salty

Okay, if you want me to we could start a new thread on this