1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ND vs M

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Berean, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

There atre still 89 years left in the 21st century but as far as I am concerned I witnessed the game of this century Sat nignt.(3 TD'S in 72 seconds

PS; I ODed on Football This weekend.

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I saw the game too. I think it was an interesting game between two not very good teams, but wouldn't call it the game of the century.

It was a very messy game too --18 penalties (9 each) and 8 turnovers (5 for ND and 3 for UM). Michigan was totally outplayed but found a way to win - mainly due to ND's turnovers.

UM was only 3-9 on 3rd down conversions and Robinson - despite having over 300 yards passing - was only 11 for 24 and threw three interceptions. There could have been more interceptions if the ND cornerbacks actually turned around and looked for the ball since Robinson has the tendency to float the ball.

Personally, I think the game the week before between Baylor and TCU was much more exciting to watch - and it was a much better game.

But ND and UGA are each 0-2. All is good.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw it, but I guess i would have to reserve game of the century status to 2 teams that actually are top 10 or even top 20 teams. It was a good game, but game of the century?

4. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Football to me is entertaiment, not a way of life from the standpoint of excitement is what I am referring to.

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    certainly entertainment to most of us here... i can't remember the last time i watched an entire game either college or pro

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, it is entertainment. And the last two minutes of that game were exciting.

But -- and it's a big but for me anyway -- the game was a very sloppy game by two very mediocre teams.