1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nee Good On-Line NON-Pastoral Bible Education

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by mountainrun, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

I would like to advance my theological knowledge, but have no interest in becoming a pastor, though some sort of degree might be good.

A degree would mean that the courses had direction and focus.

Any suggestions?

The Capetown seminary looked great but seemed to focus on pastoral ministries.

Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

MR

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Try looking into some lay theological studies through the Southern Baptist Convention. The extension centers of the seminaries are good places and most offer distance learning. Check out the extension program at:

www.seminaryextension.org

also a new seminary has recently openned with the vision of having a large segment of the student population living far and away from the physical campus. Its pretty interesting place and they are trying to meet the needs of students just like you. Check it out at:

http://www.bhcti.org/

3. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

Thanks. The first one looks the best for me.

MR