1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need a Bible Verse in another language

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Nov 3, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Nick has to learn any Bible verse in another language for his AWANA assignment. Can someone possibly do one in either Spanish or French for us? We know a tiny bit of Spanish and I took 5 years of French and can ask about the library or if you want my dessert.

Thanks! Nick is 10 soon.
    Diane

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

What verse do you need? I have it in Spanish if you're interested.

Here's a well known:

And since it's Awana, he's sure to be familiar with this one:

I took French in school, too...but I actually learned Spanish because I was forced to use it in my time in south and central America.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Those will both do fine! Thanks SO much! Nick was concerned we'd not be able to do it and I told him it would be no problem! I'll have him learn both.

Diane

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

We'd do anything to help another clubber!

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thanks again! He's asleep but I put it on top of his AWANA T and T book. I'm the Cubbie Director for our church. This is my 5th year with AWANA.

6. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Diane,

I work with the young kids at our church. It is not AWANA but something like it. It is called the Olypians. The leaders have to learn all the verses that the kids do so it keeps my brain (or what is left of it) sharp. Plus, having those precious little ones come up and hug you is too priceless for words!

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Lorrie, I've learned all of Nick's verses but we learned a lot of his to music. When the preacher says to turn to James 2:10, I start humming... 'For whosoever shall keep the whole law.. and yet.. offend.. in one point.... He is quilty of all... James 2:10. LOL