1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need a Little Help

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Jun 1, 2009.

1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I brought this topic up a while back, maybe a year and a half ago, and I think Joe was able to provide a little insight, well, I need help again, seeing if you guys can give a little bit of assistance.

Summary - Child abused by his father, mother removed parental rights from ex-husband (on her own) then took it to court. She hired an attorney who was to seeking both criminal and civil actions against this man. Criminal faded fast, CPS and other groups screwed up in the beginning so it never took off. Our hope was that it would pass the civil up and he would be locked up so rights wouldn't even be an issue. Any how, the father is fighting to see him again. The child behaved horribly, all that has settled down into a nice young man, 6, but its starting up again as the court has decided to bring in someone to help reunite the boy with his dad. That someone stated to his mother that he was not appointed to hear about what was done to the boy, but was appointed to reunited and the boy needs to forgive his dad and the dad needs to say he's sorry for what he's done.

Now, common sense would tell someone that what happened to this child will never be forgotten, but if left alone by others the boy could move on. Which he did until the court decided that the person that tormented him for most of his life is coming back into it. Also the fact that the court kept changing counselors during the hearings and he had to tell his story to several different people, which of course is making it harder and harder on him.

There are two things that I need from you, those of you who chose to fight through my "short summary". Here they are, in this order as well.

1. Prayer, the boy needs your prayers, his mother needs your prayers, the officers of the court, the teachers, and any other player in this boys life. I have personally prayed for the father, that prayer hasn't been answered just yet.

2. Assitance, anyone you can think of to where this family can turn. His mother doesn't want him to be around his father, the more and more meetings that they have to go to the closer and closer the father gets to getting his kid back for regular visits and such. I can't find any child advocates in North Texas. I know they are around, but can't find them any where. Not to mention, I don't think any of them in this immediate area can help.

If none of this made any sense, let me know that too, I will try to explain it the best way I can. Thanks.

2. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

anyone??????

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

ShotGunWillie I wish I could offer more assistance than prayer, but that's all I have at the moment.

You might contact some battered women shelters in the area. They likely deal with child issues as well and might be able to point you in the direction of a child advocate.