1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need a Sunday School Lesson

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Jan 14, 2005.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I just wrapped up my 3 month long lessons with my youth on Moses. We are starting Purpose Driven Life but until then we have one class to left. What is a good lesson I could do to fill in since I ended my other lessons and haven't yet begun the other? This would be for middle and high school kids. Activity ideas greatly appreciated too!

[​IMG]

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Group Publishing lists ideas for discussing the tsunami tragedy, and the general concept of dealing with fear. Go here and look at the list for Youth ministry. You might find something you like. I thought the one called "Worry" was interesting.

LESSON RESOURCES

3. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Talk to them about giving God your first fruits. Take an ice cream bar and liken it to our fruits. Ask someone if they want a bite, and say okay. Then proceed to eat most of the bar, leaving just a bit of icecream on the stick. Then tell them that, of our frits, God wants the first bite, not the leftovers.

I did that one year, and it was a big hit. Oh, the fact that after class, I passed out ice cream bard to everyone didn't hurt.

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Good object lesson JohnV.