1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need Accountability Software

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Bro. Jeff, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Bro. Jeff

Bro. Jeff New Member

Our church office is about to upgrade to high-speed internet connection. Because of this we are having to switch provders. The new provider doesn't offer filtered internet service. I've been looking into the matter and haven't found any that are comprehensive enough.

I'm looking for something that not only blocks the obvious but also monitors peer to peer programs like Kazaa. My school has some kind of program that monitors all incoming and outgoing files but I can't figure out what it is.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

If it is good enough software I'll make it available to our men's ministry and student leadership as well.

Thanks.

2. Bible Thumpin Biker

Bible Thumpin Biker New Member

When you want to stop Peer-to-Peer sharing you need to block the ports. I would guess some firewall or filtering software will do it, you just have to do some research. But you need to look for something that says something along the line of "Port Blocker". Here's a plain port blocker:
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pblock.htm