1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

need help with error problem

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by BM, Jan 31, 2004.

1. BM

BM New Member

My friend's computer says "runtime error 91 object variable or with block variable not set" when she trys to open a web page, any ideas on what her problem might be? :confused:

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

If it's only on a specific web page (which sounds like it is), then the problem is with that web page, and your friend's computer is just detecting it. If this is the case, there's nothing to do (unless you want to email the author of the web page and tell him so he can fix it).

3. BM

BM New Member

Thanks Brian for answering my post, but the way I understood her she can't open any web pages. She took it to a local guy for repair but they don't know either.

4. David Mark

David Mark New Member

I did an extensive search on this error message. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed with the possible reasons for it. Most of it had to do with Java, Visual Basic, databases and general programing issues.

The fact that she can't open any web pages makes me think that something might be wrong with the browser.

I'd delete all the items (objects) in the "downloaded program files" folder first (it's harmless). These are objects that web sites install to run their stuff. Don't worry they will download again when you visit the sites. You can do that a couple of ways. From the properties of IE or form the file manager (explorer).

What OS is she using?
    What Browser?
    When did this start?

Dave

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Have her remove and then reload her internet browser. I use Outlook Express and it's readily available online as is Netscape and others. Sounds to me, too, that it's a browser problem.

Has she tried 'resetting default' settings? She can also use System Restore and go back to a day when everything was fine. I did that on my old computer a couple of times. [​IMG]

Everything I've learned, I've learned at this forum (or trial and error):

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22

Diane