1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

need information please

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by BM, May 18, 2007.

1. BM

BM New Member

We will be going on vacation to San Antonio in 2 weeks and are planning on staying 4 days there and then we wanted to hit the beach for just a day of relaxing so we were thinking about Port Aransas.......any one from that area?
    If so do you know of a good place to stay that we can just walk to the beach from? Also do you have to take a ferry to get to Port Aransas?

Thanks, Becky

#1 BM, May 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  2. By Grace Alone

By Grace Alone New Member

Hi Becky ~
    I have been to many a beach....
    throughout the US and the Caribbean.

The best beach I have seen is in South Padre Island, Texas.

It's way down there.....
    Right at the border to Mexico.
    But, certainly worth the drive.

You can fly, too....
    into the airport in Harlingen.
    About a 45 minute drive to the beach.

I know you have already traveled by now....
    but...
    I hope it was blessed.

Hey.... I'm in San Antonio.
    Great City !
    Go Spurs go !

.....and GO they did ! :godisgood:

3. BM

BM New Member

Thanks Grace Alone for your advice but yes we have already went to S.A. but will remember your advice if down that way again! We did spend a couple of days at Port Aransas and must say we loved the peace and quite and it was a very nice and friendly little town.
    I have never seen a large city like yours support their ball team soooo much, thats wonderful!! We stayed on the riverwalk at the Drury Inn and about 10:30 one night we heard horns honking, cheering, etc. and at first were kinda scared of what was going on then we remembered the Spurs were playing that night and must have won!!:applause: the cars went round and round the streets for about an hour.

**Becky**