1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need new section on BB

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Shiloh, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Brice

Brice New Member

And I say Amen to that.. [​IMG] I have seen the mods. snip comments from people they agreed with based on content. I think they are great and fair. God bless.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen. But since we don't, after all the frustration of putting up with a few bad apples among many very good moderators and administrators, I don't even bother to try to debate on the BB anymore, and I very seldom even bother to post. One administrator would like the thread that I start and participate in it; another administrator would close the thread and suspend my posting privileges because he disagrees with what I have to say!

There are many Christian message boards on the NET. I found one where there are MANY former BB members and, regardless of our individual points of view, the moderators and administrators NEVER interfere as long as we obey the rules—which the moderators and administrators ALWAYS DO themselves—something that is unheard of on the BB. Moral of the story—it pays to shop around for a message board that has administrators and moderators that have the necessary experience and training to do the job.

Pray for Dr. Bob’s health and pray that God will bless him for the very fine Job that he has done as an administrator on the BB. Pray that God will remove the few bad apples among the administrators and moderators of this message board so that the very hard work of all the good administrators and moderators will not be destroyed.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not being a smart alec shiloh but you can create a web log (blog) and be your own moderator.

http://www.blogger.com/start

Give us the blog name and I believe that some here will show up and accept your challenge.

Be careful though [​IMG]

HankD

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The grass is always greener on the other side....atleast at first ;)

I think Craig makes a good point tho, if you don't like things around here then take your ball and go home. No one is stopping you. [​IMG]

5. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

The grass is always greener on the other side....atleast at first ;)

I think Craig makes a good point tho, if you don't like things around here then take your ball and go home. No one is stopping you. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]How sad it would be if everyone who would like to see improvements take place in their country, state, or community just packed their bags and left for greener pastures. How very thankful I am that I have the privilege of living in a country where I have the freedom to make suggestions for improvement, and a country that sometimes listens. I am very pleased to see that this thread has not been closed and that we have been given the freedom to express ourselves regarding the issue of moderators closing threads to suit the own purpose rather than the purpose of the BB as a whole.

The BB is without question one of the very finest Christian message boards available to us and it has many excellent administrators and moderators who work hard and do a good job. I really hate to see members quit posting because their character and motives were repeatedly attacked by two or three moderators who have a personal and selfish grudge. And I really hate to see members quit posting because, after a lot of hard work in a debate, the thread was closed by a moderator who has the reputation of being a hatchet man rather than a moderator who has the skills to moderate. Let’s not throw out the baby with the bathwater, but clean up the bathwater.

[​IMG]