1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need Prayer

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Baptist Believer, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All:

I haven't been around here for a little over a week because of some pressing issues at work and home, but things have gotten much more difficult over the last few days due to the suicide of a teenager who was involved with our youth group. He was not a member of our congregation, but he had many friends at our church and went to camp with our group and participated in mid-week activities.

There are many complicated factors surrounding his tragic death which I am not at liberty to share on a public message board, but suffice it to say there are some teenagers in our congregation who are dealing with tremendously difficult issues, with parents and youth workers working hard to pick up the pieces and support positive grieving without glorifying the horrible act of suicide.

This is the second suicide of a teenager with a connection to our youth group in the past 18 months and we have just recovered from the last one. Within the local high schools, there have been at least half a dozen teen suicides that I am aware of within the past two school years. We are working hard to present hope in Christ to the students.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying with you all for healing and that good will come out of these tragedies! Lord, comfort these young people and families who have lost lost ones because of suicide!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are in my prayers!

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Praying for you all.