1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need revival

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Poorboy, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Poorboy

Poorboy New Member

What one(and I mean ONE)thing would you advise a born again person who stopped going to church and having devotions and whose life has slid back into using profanity to do.

I realize there are more steps than one to restoring a close walk with God, but the first step is all I am interested in at the moment.

Beliefs have not changed but the last several yrs have seen a slow sliding away to the current status...and YES this is me, not "a friend".

My life is still characterized by the moral standards of the Christian life, this is not a wholesale falling away into total heathenism. Just lacking any enthusiasm.

Here's a chance for you to see how "to the point" you can be without rambling on...just give me what you percieve to be the one most important first step back.

2. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

The answer is to start what you stopped. You stopped going to church. Find a good one and start again. You stopped daily Bible reading. Start again. Today would be an excellent day to begin [​IMG]

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Confess your sin.
    Got to church.
    Start doing devotions.
    Stop using profanity.

Four parts to one step.

4. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

I empathize with you since I'm going through a similar experience, except I'm still attending faithfully. "Peaks" and "Valleys" in our walk with the Lord are common for all of us.

To The Point:
    Get back into regular attendance.

Read your Bible daily with a plan; not hap-hazardly.

Intentionally set aside a time of daily prayer with Praise, Confession, Thankfulness, and Intercession for others and yourself.

Prayerfully consider how you can serve at your church and help your fellow believers.

These are not "quick fix" suggestions, but simply spritual disciplines that will help you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus.

5. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Talk it over with God. Tell Him how you feel, ask Him to help you get closer to Him again by showing you how to get closer to Him again.

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

1. Read the Bible.

You have done enough talking, by your words and actions. It is time to do some listening.
    (See, some of us can follow directions)
    [​IMG]

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

That is good medicine. I would read it cover to cover. But don't hesitate to get back into church.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

earnest prayer

9. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Realize when trying everything, make the CHOICE, just STAND. No matter what, just stand.

10. Poorboy

Poorboy New Member

Thank you all, I appreciate the input. I will try first to read my bible with a plan. I really need to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT without having to do everything different all at once. That's why I asked for what you thought would be the most important. I didn't get this way overnight and I won't get away from it all overnight.

God's people are great people, and I feel the Holy Spirit in each answer. God Bless you all.

Isn't it something how the same kindred spirit we all love about each other is so HATED by unsaved people, provoking them to great anger.