1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need router help

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by just-want-peace, Dec 22, 2012.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can I re-program a “dlink” router (model dir-615) to make secure?
    Long story, but condensed version:
    I switched internet providers, but the original never cancelled, so I decided to keep for a while so as to make sure I was going to be satisfied with # 2.
    After a couple of weeks, I was satisfied and unhooked my original modem & router.
    Found out later that any overage on # 2 was going to be atrocious, so re-hooked original modem & router.
    Only problem, password no longer valid.
    Reinstalled using CD for router and went through no telling how many “phases” that never panned out.
    Somehow, sometime, it decided to connect, (????) so now I do have the system working, but I have no security on the Wi-Fi.
    I actually called the “Dlink” tech support, but I have a bit of a hearing problem and after trying two females that had very definite accents AND high pitched voices (that really give my ears fits) I just gave up - especially since I was going to have to pay for this info.
    May have to go back and try to get a bass talker??!! :tongue3:
    Any help appreciated!!

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

'Preciate the reference.
    Went here and followed several approaches noted, but ended up with the same result - working Wi-Fi but unable to secure the connection.
    Ain't giving up yet though!
    Thanks again as this did give me something to start from - which I needed seriously!

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I'm understanding your problem correctly--you can log onto the router, but you haven't figured out how to set up wireless security. If that's correct, try this:
    www.fixya.com/support/t4518162-router_not_secured_when_tried_make

If my summary isn't correct, then I need a step-by-step of what you're doing and what's happening (or not happening).

5. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, will check this out and get back to you!
    Lotsa family goins-on right now, so will be a few days.