1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need some advice on a situation

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hey John, all of us are still learing my friend despite how old we are!

I am told that Calvary Chapel has its own problems with people that do wish to be Pentecostal like the AOG. Calvary will not move its position, so people tend to try and change the Calvary congregation, realise after some time they are not getting anywhere then leave. Yet I have seen this happen in the Salvation Army Church that I grew up in, so I am tipping all mainstream churches have that happen at times!

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the info. I hope I'm never too old to learn--don't want the old brain to fossilize! :smilewinkgrin:

3. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Re: Bible John

Bible John,

Please define your definition of KJVO? As I have read many of your posts I do not believe you are aware that just because a church elects to use the KJV as their cannon of rule does not make them KJVO and when you start judging a church's spiritual temperature based on the bible they use you are perhaps missing great blessings because of your closed mindedness.

John of Japan was correct when he challenged you to "re-think" your current position. I am KJV and if I held to your believe about MV's I would have missed the wonderful blessings of Jeremiah, Swindol, McArthur and many others.

Consider these words as one friend to another.

:type: :saint:

4. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I listen heavily to David Jeremiah and John MacArthur.

KJVO? Well any church that only believes in using this translation as their preaching, teaching, and reading bible and any church that claims that other translations are from satan, or are not to be read and studied are palces I will stay away from.

Pensacola Christian College is an example of a KJVO environment. BJU is an example of a fundamentalist non KJVO school.

Or you can use Multnomah Seminary as another example of a sound fundy non KJVO school.

Thats my deff off the top of my head and composed ina minute.

John

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is another thread about Bible John's search for a church. Refer to the thread entitled "Finding a Church" for further discussion.