1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need some help

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bibleman2k6, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Bibleman2k6

Bibleman2k6 New Member

Hello everyone! I have a problem and I need some help .

I am disabled and I am unable to drive or anything due to the money and so on. My family takes care of me and lets me be as independent as I can be . Every since I was 19 or so I have been preaching and I feel God has called me to the ministry . However I cannot go to traditional seminary due to distance and also financial as if I am not mistaken you cant use federal aid for seminary . So what do I do? I have seen so many so called accredited ways to get seminary its ridicilous . Any help would be apreciated. Thanks

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you can use Federal Financial Aide for Bible College, though I'm not sure about grad school. Maranatha and International Baptist students are eligable for Pell Grants and other kinds of aide.

3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

4. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many bible colleges and seminaries now days have distance learning, and most have some sort of scholarship programs. If you look online, there are even some that are free. Generally the free ones are not from an accredited, degree-granting school, but if all you need is a descent bible education, some of them are OK for that. You can also ask your pastor for materials. If there is a church near you with a good library, you might could find a treasure trove of good material for free.

My town has an accredited, degree-granting bible institute that is specifically designed for low income pastors that would not normally be able to afford an education. Further, usually you can "audit" classes at a reduced price. You won't get the degree, but you can attend the classes and do the work on your own.

The seminary I attend has distance learning, also has a bible college, and is accredited. It also is comparatively inexpensive, as far as seminaries go. Check it out: www.ses.edu

You can also pray for finances.....God can provide. If you provide the willing heart, God will provide the opportunity to minister. Find the best school, and apply for a scholarship if you don't have the bucks.

5. Bibleman2k6

Bibleman2k6 New Member

Thanks guys . Im going to look into all of them and work on my federal aid