1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need some help!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by exscentric, May 31, 2007.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone know of any colleges that do courses by mail? I write a prisoner that has been taking courses, but is having problems with his school and wants to make a switch.

The school he is with isn't the best but about all he could find at the time.

Any thoughts would be of great appreciation!

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Bethany out of Dothan may help. They used to have special rates for men in prison.You can find them on the net.:godisgood:

3. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is who the guy has been with, but they have been stalling him for some reason. He is looking for something else. He has a relative that does the paper work for him and they ordered his courses in Feb and they seem to be putting him off on it??? I've heard a lot of good things about the school over the last few years so may be unavoidable problems.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out Bible Alive Ministries with Dr. Ralph Richardson (based near Fort Bragg, NC). Several years ago I was able to do sit in on two Bible studies of Dr. Richardson's and I use to listen to his radio program all the time (NC/SC). His ministry offers a Bible correspondence program which leads to a "Bible Diploma". Dr. Richardson is a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and Luther Rice Seminary. He founded Carolina Bible College (Fayetteville, NC) and has personally known men like John Walvoord, Charles Ryrie, and Harold Willmington.

http://www.biblealiveministries.org/correspondenceBibleStudies.html

Carolina Bible College does offer a correspondence program as well. I don't know anything about their rules (etc) or what degrees can be earned. They are not accredited but graduates have gone on to Southeastern Seminary and other seminaries.

http://www.carolinabiblecollege.org/

5. southern_saint

southern_saint New Member

Need help

I would also recommend Louisiana Baptist University. One can take all courses by mail and professors are accessible by mail, phone, or e-mail. :thumbs:

6. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you gents! That will give him some options if he wants to. Will mail the info to him.

7. labaptist

labaptist Member
    Site Supporter

What is the school he's currently studying with?

8. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bethany in Dothan AL

9. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

If he has access to the internet he can go to http://wwww.biblicaltraining.org
    and get a lot of Bible college and seminary level training for free. They are long on training and short on certificates.Covenant and Gordan Commwell also provide free traininf. Keep in mind all three of these places are Reformed in thier theology.They have some very fine professors from a variety of backgrounds.

10. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't allow internet access for any reason. They have a lot of rules as to even gaining items from outside. I can't even send him paper and pens, they have to be ordered from inside and delivered from a business.

Not that I blame the officials for being picky, but you'd think you could stock a few paper and ink products in the prison for them to buy :)