1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

need to record and edit services

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by FERRON BRIMSTONE, Mar 18, 2008.

1. FERRON BRIMSTONE

FERRON BRIMSTONE New Member

We are currently recording services with the sound recorder built into Worshiphim software, but it doesn't edit.

I have tried "audacity" but when I try to burn to CD it says the .dll isn't compatible and cannot burn file.

Can anyone give suggestions on fixing "audacity" or recommending another cheap or free editor?

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use goldwave to edit audio files. You can get it at www.goldwave.com. I think it's $20. I use the older version (v.4.26 - I think it's easier to use). You can save files as .wav or mp3 and then write to a disc.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

It depends, I suppose, on how complex editing facilities you need. I use a program called WavePad. It is downloadable at: http://nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html Its features include the following:
      • Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, autotrim and more.
      • Audio effects include, amplify, normalize, equaliser, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion and more.
      • Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and many more.
      • Batch processing supports up to 32000 files allowing you to apply effects and/or convert your files as a single function.
      • Tools include spectral analysis (FFT) and speech synthesis (text-to-speech).
      • Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording and more.
      • Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal.
      • Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
      • Includes its own CD ripper with 'ultrafast 'rip mode and cddb music database lookup.
      • Works directly with MixPad multi-track audio mixing software.
      • Links directly to the Express Burn CD Recorder to burn your sound files to CD.
      • Easy to use interface will get you started editing in just minutes.
    You can download the standard edition free, but the so-called "Master's Edition" costs $49.40

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Sony's Sound Forge works well for us. Retailed for $79. You can save files as .wma .wav or mp3 and then write to a disc plus many other editing features.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I asked DH about this and he said that he uses audacity and has no problems. His suggestion is to try to uninstall it and reinstall it. That might help.