1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need website advise

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by shodan, Oct 18, 2011.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

First, I don't know much about this stuff. My 'daughter' in Romania put up the website and usually does all the stuff.

However, she put Wordpress on so that I can post easy. I 'published' a post yesterday and did not realize that the home page gives a summary and then links you to another page to "continue reading..." My 'daugter' cleaned up the mess on the homepage but said that that is basically how it works.

The problem is that I want to be able to link directly to the 'continue reading' page but both pages have same url. Is there a way to do that? ...so if I do some advertising people will not get the 'run around' on the website.

website is http://mikesnow.org

#1 shodan, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I understand you correctly, you want the link that goes directly to your "Prepare Ye the Way" post; if so, here's the link:
    http://sdcougar.startlogic.com/blog/?p=155

(I did a "View Page Source" and found this; don't ask me about the "sdcougar.startlogic.com" address, I can't explain it)

#2 Don, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  3. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks

Thank you, Don. That is what I needed to know. [Most of this stuff is Geek to me!) {Start Logic is a web host like go daddy]

#3 shodan, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, it makes sense now. It this case, Wordpress appears to be a package offered as part of the hosting; and thus, you're using their instance of Wordpress instead of (your daughter) installing it directly.

Glad I could be of help.