Needed Online Mentors and Teachers

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges / Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician
    Expand Collapse

To all who have a heart for theological education and religious training!!!!!!!!!

Several of us have seen the need to try to start an online ministerial/Christian workers institute out of discussions had here on the BB.

We are making greater progress faster than we had thought could have ever been made.

We do however have a few needs. I WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS SOME OF THOSE TO THE BB @ LARGE. I know that many just read the BB and lay back and DO NOT post. This is the time for you to come to the aid of your Baptist brothers and sisters, and be involved in a truly great endeavor for the Glory of Christ and His Church.

We Need:

First:
    Teachers who would be willing to serve as online mentors and teach. These would be educationally credentialed people with at least one advanced degree (MA, MDiv, or earned Doctorate) from a Regionally Accredited college or university in a variety of disciplines.

Second:
    We need someone who is knowledgeable of "how to" go about getting the needed recognition from a particular state Board of Education. (Or, do we need it all?)

Third:
    We need a qualified lawyer who would be willing to work pro bono to help a struggling group like us. We have NO money and only donated time. We are trying to keep the tuition, book costs, and other expenses to a bare minimum for the student's sake.

It may be that the person who can help on #2 & #3 above is the same person. If you can help us--please come and join us in this worthy cause.

We believe God is in this and we have His blessing!

You can contact myself, Rhetorician; Plain Old Bill; or UZThD. We would be glad to answer any question posed to us.

You can go to the appropriate thread on Baptist Colleges and Seminaries and view the discussions.

Yours for the Kingdom's increase.

sdg!

rd

2. UZThD

UZThD
    Expand Collapse

I suggest this be posted in the other forums too.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia
    Expand Collapse

No cross posting. Do not post the same message to more than one forum.

Sorry guys. One forum only. Also, have you approached Webmaster about this plan?

4. TexasSky

TexasSky
    Expand Collapse

We need someone who is knowledgeable of "how to" go about getting the needed recognition from a particular state Board of Education.

Are you trying to market this as an accredited program?

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician
    Expand Collapse

TexasSky,

I guess that would ask what you mean by accredited?

We assume we will need some sort of state bd of ed charter or something to have some level of credibility.

Not at this time for regional accreditation.. That would be a lofty goal.

If you have any expertise let us know.

See the other thread where we put out the call for specialixed help!

sdg!

rd

6. Rhetorician

Rhetorician
    Expand Collapse

My mistake about the other thread. The hurrier I go the behinder I get.

rd

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

To offer a legitimate "degree" and not some make-believe certificate or made up nonsensical degree, one needs approval of the State in which the non-profit is located to grant degrees.

Some get around this by not calling them degrees. Others by calling them other names.

Nothing to do with accreditation. That is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

So if this is an "institute", then a Certificate or Diploma would be fine. As long as it is under a non-profit, churches and institutes do this all the time.

But if purporting to be a COLLEGE or SEMINARY, one cannot grant a BA or BS, MA or MDiv or such without approval.

8. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill
    Expand Collapse

At the risk of being redundant I will repeat once again that this will be an institute.The idea has never been to be a college or seminary.That does not keep us from offering quality college or seminary level courses where it is appropriate.We do not want to pretend to be anything we are'nt.A certificate or diploma will do nicely.

I am in contact with the Washingtom state board of education and waiting to hear back from them by phone contact or mail.If past experience on other matters is any indicator I should be recieving a packet of materials soon.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia
    Expand Collapse

At the risk of being redundant I will repeat once again that this is a private, one man owned board and NOT public domain. No 'institute, college, training seminars, etc.' should be even considered without the approval of and legal protection by Webmaster. This is well outside your rights as board members! Even linking to or endorsing such an 'institute' without permission is against board policy.

Please contact Webmaster immediately. [email protected]

10. UZThD

UZThD
    Expand Collapse

11. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill
    Expand Collapse

Dianne Thankyou for the E-mail address.We asked how to contact the webmaster way back in another thread.
    It has never been our purpose to circumvent or disregard the rules of the board.We are setting up our own website at this time.

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia
    Expand Collapse

I asked Webmaster about your plans and his reply is:
    If you have other questions, please contact either the Administrators or Webmaster.