1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Needing Ideas

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by ShotGunWillie, May 9, 2008.

1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

My first book is officially set to release and begin selling in June. I have three hundred copies of my own and the publishing company printed off several thousand. The books I have were given to me, I owe them nothing, but since the cost of publishing is extremely high and this is my first book and the company is in a since taking a chance on printing my work, I have decided each penny that is earned by the book will be given back to the publisher/ministry, not a penny spent for myself. I want this to be a good investment for them, with hopes of writing more books and being an author who helps, not one who writes books they have trouble moving and are less likely to publish again.

Any how, do you have any marketing ideas? 300 copies are my own, I have given away about 10 copies to friends and family and have sold 2 (making a serious dent in my inventory). But I thought about sending some copies to pastors in my area, with hopes of them purchasing the book for SS material or Youth material (the unintentional target audience is youth to college and career). Is this a smart plan or should I consider just doing tables at Mardels, Family Christian, and the like, with hopes of meeting pastors or church staff?

I would like to reach as many people as I can and I also am willing to speak to youth groups/college and career classes or even addressing the entire congregation is that is desired.

Perhaps some of you have other angles that I have not thought of or could provide for me insight to a better approach.

Thanks
    SGW

2. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I was just kidding about the ideas and assistance