1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured .needs help

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, May 16, 2015.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    here we go ewf-

So DC....you entered the original thread and offered 3 verses in post 8....
    In post 10 Judith answers this way;

In post 12 you claim you did answer the question...

In post 13....Judith who started the thread asks for some clarification this way;

Notice her question is about the SAVINGLY LOVE of God...this is an exact quote...so much for your whining about changing the question....She asks her question clearly and simply....that is what was on her mind.

You deny that her question is valid here in post 14;

She read your post the first time and it did not answer what she was asking. You think it did...but she did not.

How do I know that? Because she takes you to school as she see's you are starting trouble....her answer is crystal clear;

So several times tonight you complained about me and Rippon and mac79 saying we were changing the question...that is a lie.

Besides Judiths own words....let's follow where this goes

Now DC...I will need to break this into smaller posts so it does not branch out into ALL the world......{I am using this metaphorically}..all does not have to mean all.....they might not get internet in the rainforest yet:thumbs:

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Laugh it up.

It simply illustrates your sloth and sloppiness.

No drama, more humor than anything. Unfortunate you do not understand...you are the source.

A normal position for you, I would assume.

Again...everything I have given you has been on point and in order.

I have shown how you piece meal posts, slice and dice, and all of this so you can throw up a smokescreen in an attempt to hide the woeful lack of familiarity with Scripture.

Right.

You're off to a great start, I am waiting for an address of what has already been posted.

God bless.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Judith posted this to you...

#23 Iconoclast, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DC: Address these points:

Mark 1:37 says :"everyone is looking for you!"

Every single person on the earth at that time? Of course not. And it excludes the millions who had already died before that statement was made. And it excludes the billions who were not living when that was said.

Mark 5:20 : "all the people were amazed."

The same thing applies as I said above.

Mark 11:32 : "everyone held that John really was a prophet."

Ditto.

The KJV likes to use the expression "all men" --in those three passages and many more. But it really needs to be broughty to your attention that you are ignoring the context to support your man-made tradition.

Matthew 20:28 :"to give his life for many"
    Mark 10:45 :"to give his life as a ransom for many"
    Mark 14:24 :"This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many"

You have constantly claimed that world is world.
    You have claimed that everyone is everyone.
    You have claimed that all men means all men.

You have consistently ignored the context where these expressions are used in various translations. So now, how do you handle the expression "for many"?

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we move to post 17...you say-

Darrell C

She did want it answered. She explained that to you three times and the last time told you that your responses DID NOT answer the question she wanted answered......you think you did, but you were wrong.

You then say;

When I read this post I as one holding to limited atonement, Definite Atonement, Particular Redemption figured to answer it as it was clearly misguided.

Why was it misguided? You say those who hold to limited atonement cannot answer the question....you were wrong on that. In fact we can give the biblical answer ...you do not like it, you think it is wrong...but we can answer it quite thoroughly.

I am pretty sure you do not understand yet...that's why this thread will help you.

? I just kept it here so you do not complain that I removed your "words"

By the way DC...your words are not inspired and I agree with Rippon who suggested you were long winded and really just repeat yourself.

Now you offer your ideas....completely ignoring the BIBLCIAL FACT that God is a Covenant keeping God and has an eternal plan and purpose that He has revealed to the church.Eph 3:9-11...
    perhaps you could share your thoughts on this? you have posted 2000 + times , you can show your best post on God's covenant or Covenants of promise . Who are they made with?

In discussing the Covenant of Redemption...the idea of God's loyal love, His mercy is prominent.......do you have some thoughts on this as the topic of the OP is the saving love of God.....

Your last sentence speaks of before men were saved....could you take a minute to address what was in place before men were saved?

This is another false charge as no Cal believes that God is a respecter of persons

There is a debate when you resist truth and suggest error.

It is not an either or...but both and.....Election is crucial as Salvation is all of God.

This is a great verse...but it does not support your position at all. John writes this to believers.

She wanted her question answered...you did not do it...

next case-

#25 Iconoclast, May 16, 2015
  6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see your inability forces you to appeal for support.

Not one of your buddies has yet to address the Scriptures posted.

Of course, because you have run and hidden in another thread where you can distract from what was said there, that goes without saying.

We can see your dishonesty here, as I remember clearly her spelling on this.

Here is the post:

And here is the response:

Here we see your dishonesty in quoting.

See those little arrows, those are the links that one can click on to see who is actually doing a word for word response.

I don't mind giving someone a chance to try to save face, but the fact that you are dishonest and it is so evident makes me think there is little sense in continuing this with you.

Not sure I want to deal with "queezation" you inspire.

Continued...

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I enter in in post 19...I answer Judith's question quite simply.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Darrell C

Not at all. It was the shortest post to quote to get started.

They have but you cannot grasp it you are to busy mocking....b

:laugh: This lame , pathetic excuse is being evaporated right now.....
    everything is being brought over in sequence....no gaps...nothing missed so stop with your shoddy excuse.

Everyone can put up both threads and compare. It is becoming obvious you will be the one who cannot respond meaningfully to the scripture....
    as your frustration increases your personal attacks increase to no avail.

There is a thing called spell check and auto correct...stop looking for excuses and loop holes

Why lie? I am quoting everything....
    they can and those interested will.....you are evading the issue but I will not let you sneak away so easy.....you wanted this....so take each post and give your sad tale:laugh:

Liar.....you are now constructing an alibi and excuse because it is you who cannot back up your claims and as we proceed your woeful ignorance will be on display.....you wanted it , you got it....all day you said I was "running away" as I was driving from Pa. to Tennesee.....by Monday I will be in east Texas...so stop your complaining....

The only reason you will not continue is that the truth prevails and it is becoming clear who is dishonest.....there is more coming:thumbs:

It is you who are dishonest and it will become abundantly clear as we continue.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I give a brief answer in post 20...to you- I will post them again in case you cannot find them

I offer Amos 3 :
    2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.
    and romans 8:
    33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God set His love on Israel[not on every individual...but the elect within the nation}

God has placed His love in the new hearts of His elect.[where ever they are in the world...but not everyone in the world}

answer this;

The scripture explains God's love as In Christ and for the elect,,,it says NOTHING can separate US from the love of God...and yet your teaching says that multitudes do get separated from it33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth

#29 Iconoclast, May 16, 2015
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You answer here; in post 24

#30 Iconoclast, May 16, 2015
  11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the same post...you say;

But looking at the actual text...it does not say that at all as we have seen...It said God is longsuffering to usward,not willing that {any of them] perish , but that all come to repentance. Iadded the emphasis because it is clearly shown in the passage that is the teaching....I spoke on this as we will see , but you tried to shrug it off.....be patient we will see this soon.

The savingly love of God does not go to all men. That is what is in dispute.

I agree as eph 2 declares this...even as others.

I rejected this statement and explained that God never does this and no cal teaches this.
    Chapter 3: Of God's Decree
    1._____ God hath decreed in himself, from all eternity, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably, all things, whatsoever comes to pass; yet so as thereby is God neither the author of sin nor hath fellowship with any therein; nor is violence offered to the will of the creature, nor yet is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established; in which appears his wisdom in disposing all things, and power and faithfulness in accomplishing his decree.
    ( Isaiah 46:10; Ephesians 1:11; Hebrews 6:17; Romans 9:15, 18; James 1:13; 1 John 1:5; Acts 4:27, 28; John 19:11; Numbers 23:19; Ephesians 1:3-5 )
    2._____ Although God knoweth whatsoever may or can come to pass, upon all supposed conditions, yet hath he not decreed anything, because he foresaw it as future, or as that which would come to pass upon such conditions. ( Acts 15:18; Romans 9:11, 13, 16, 18 )

From the 1689 confession of faith;

Well obviously this has not taken place.

of course not.
    okay

Many men are convicted by the Spirit but many are not savingly convicted as are the elect.

By the way...one of several verses you rejected shows this ...but you did not understand the verse at all and rejected it at least 2 or 3 times.....10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death

There is a sorrow for sin caused by the Spirits conviction that leads to a "Godly sorrow" that works repentance to salvation.....that is what we are speaking about...so it is relevant despite your claim that it is not...I will point it out to you when it appears...

But some are convicted in a worldly way....that leads to death.... they might be sorry they got caught commiting a sin or crime but they are not saved from sin by the SAVING LOVE of God.

John 16:7-9

good verses, but they say nothing about God's love in particular as I said to you originally. Why do I need to comment here as they are truly not on topic.

Paul does not say the gentiles Kept the law...you have it wrong....he did say they do by nature the things contained in the law...the image of God while broken in the fall has remnants that are in their conscience in broken pieces.

Romans 1:18-21

Good verses men are responsible before God and without excuse...but they are truth suppressors which I said to you and you denied it...I will show it when we get to that post. Do you deny you posted that? Would you like to change your statement now?

[
    I commented on this, and yet this does not save anyone...heathen gentiles do not KEEP the law and you falsely stated.

This is one of the few things you posted correctly.

Do you hate the teaching of election?

[
    no...we just understand the verse

#31 Iconoclast, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Now there you go and properly exegeted a lot of verses!! Shame on you!! That's foreign in these here parts...

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbsup::thumbs:

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I answered the "Quesation," all right."

Is there some reason you mention this and don't actually quote the response?

Here it is:

And this after quoting her own quesation.

I mean, I thought it was a nice speech myself...

This is not asking for clarification, it is a dogmatic statement:

In your wildest dreams.

It is a dogmatic statement rooted in the same fluffy theology you embrace.

Here is the OP:

You do understand the difference between a statement and a quesation, right?

Very good Iconoclast, now if you will just learn to get the tags in there.

Wait, I'm not done with you yet.

You and she both change the question.

Let's see in that in slo-mo...

The question of the OP:

The question you want the OP to ask:

And the obvious fact to everyone except for you two is...the second is not even a question.

In fact...it does not even qualify as a quesation.

If you'll just stop long enough to actually read what it is you think you are responding to, you might just see that she is giving the reason for the question. And not even that makes sense.

Why would the fact that only the saved will be saved have anything to do with the actual question of the OP...

We know what the bible says in John 3:16, so does that mean that He loves every single person? If so, and only those who get saved are those who are predestined/chosen, how is this love manifest for the not predestined/chosen?

The answer to the question was given and that was included above, in case your interested in what an answer to a question looks like.

This...

...is not a question.

And I stand by that.

Would you care to, at this time...respond to the Scripture in this post?

It's a simple concept: John the Baptist prophesies and states it very clearly...

John 1:29

King James Version (KJV)

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

How about the other one:

Salvation has always been about obedience to the Word of God, which is the Gospel in every Age. IN this Age we have the specific Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the unveiling of what the Word of God has progressively revealed over the course of History, as attested by the Writer of Hebrews, and in fact important enough that he begins His Epistle making this point:

Hebrews 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

...?

I won't hold my breath.

Continued...

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And she was wrong. Just like you are wrong.

Not sure how many times it has to be posted:

We know what the bible says in John 3:16, so does that mean that He loves every single person? If so, and only those who get saved are those who are predestined/chosen, how is this love manifest for the not predestined/chosen?

Understanding the question yet?

Let me try to say it another way: How is the love of God manifested for those not predestined/chosen?

The question backfires on her, though, and she gets an answer to the questions of the OP she didn't want.

Because you have trained yourself carefully at the art of self delusion?

The historicist view will do that I understand. And if you can look at Scripture and not see what is written, why would I expect anything different when you slice and dice your way through a post.

I guess maybe I would suggest you stay away from more complicated concepts.

Clearly wrong, that is crystal, lol.

Clearly not interested in debating election versus free will, but clearly not interested in testing her own doctrine with Scripture.

But here is the response I gave:

And here is your real problem, you are more interested in defending yourself, not Scripture, not Sound Doctrine.

I have shown clearly in this post that you have changed the question, you have lied about direct quotes, and that your buddies, as well as the OP...simply could not grasp the question because of the blindness you suffer in your loyalty to self and Systematic Theology.

I am guessing there is supposed to be something here?

All does mean all when it is spoken in Scripture:

Here are some verses you have consistently run from:

Ephesians 3:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

1 Timothy 2:3-5

King James Version (KJV)

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 4:9-11

King James Version (KJV)

9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

11 These things command and teach.

And if you would like to continue, you are going to have to start shedding some of that sloth.

For the last time, all you need to do is copy and paste the code...

([QUOTE=Iconoclast;2223799)

...(which is the first thing you will see when hit "QUOTE") before each statement you want to quote, and after each statement copy and paste...

(/QUOTE)

...after each statement.

I see no reason to bother extending my stay for someone that hasn't bothered to learn to do this after posting so much on this forum.

God bless.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother Iconoclast....

[​IMG]

Kudos!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbsup:

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it is clear that it is not only those who hold to limited atonement can answer. There are two threads showing that now.

Agreed:

Seeing the question yet?

God bless.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you actually point out this exegesis you speak of?

And while your at it, care to respond to any of the points made?

Or is your only contribution on this forum...

...videos?

And if you have answered any of the questions in the other threads let me know.

Cheerleaders. What a nuisance...

God bless.

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I am just watching Brother Iconoclast beating you like you're the 'threshing floor'....

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rippon, let's see you address these first:

Here's the response I got:

What's so long winded about this response? Seems fairly short, and only one passage to answer.

Our next exchange, which is a portion of your response to Van:

When reviewing, I saw your response:

The next exchange was...

My response:

So that everything between us.

Who answered who, who addressed the Scripture, and who supplied a Biblical Response when asked?

Not you.

And you want to do the same thing Iconoclast is doing?

Run from those questions and points and ask more questions?

I don't think so.

So show me how those vociferously disagreeing people in Hell disagree with me.

Show me the Scripture.

I have seen enough proof-texting to last a life time, not to mention cheerleading, lol.

The ball is in your court. Time to practice a different kind of dribbling.

God bless.

20. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So anytime people fix spelling mistakes in post they quote it is being dishonest? Wow I missed that one, must be in Hezekiah somewhere.
    If this was a formal setting sure it would be expected that you would leave it as is and put sic in, but this is an internet forum not a college paper. Did he change what she said? Seems like a petty issue to get so worked up over.