1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nephilim - What Were They?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by leesw, Feb 4, 2013.

1. leesw

leesw Member

Here's an article called, "The Nephilim: Did Angels and Humans Have Children?"

The general debate is whether Genesis 6 (and a passage in Numbers) is referring to angels who mated with humans or the descendants of Cain having children with the descendants of Seth.

What do you think? (The article has several scriptures and points that should be considered)

2. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Lee, I know this thread is kinda old now, but I'm new and just found it.

I just ordered a book on this subject and find it fascinating.

All I can do is give theories, but I have absolutely no facts on this topic. I posted this in another group a few days ago. Keep in mind my theory evolves as I learn more about the subject:

Q: What happened to all the other kinds of humans who lived on Earth after they met up with Homo sapiens tens of thousands of years ago?

My answer: There weren't any other humans. I don't believe Neanderthals, something they call Hobbits, etc...were humans. Maybe they were hybrids, animals of some sort, ape like, etc. But not humans. We aren't descended from them or apes. When Adam and Eve were banished from Eden, at least 1 of their sons was a farmer. Neanderthals weren't farmers! They were lucky to be able to sit around and pick fleas from one another.

Neanderthals and other human-like beings were likely the Biblical Nephilim...descendents of people who interbred with fallen angels. (ie, not all Nephilim had to look alike. Some might look human and some might look more apelike).

This sort of thing is mentioned in the Bible. (Gen 6:4). Also in Numbers 13:33: We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

It has been said that humans today have Neanderthal DNA. Shocking, I know! But the humans today having Neanderthal DNA may be possible because some of the ancestors of humans were interbreeding with Nephilim or maybe those fallen angels, creating Neanderthals, hobbits, etc. Later humans may have continued to breed with Neanderthal. (I guess there's no accounting for taste) .

Who was Anak some may ask?

Anak was a well-known figure to the Hebrews during the conquest of Canaan by the Israelites who was the forefather of the Anakites. They were said to have been a mixed race of giant people, descendants of the Nephilim. (Neanderthals, btw, are usually pictured as large hulking brutish figures. Much bigger and stronger than humans). The use of the word "nephilim" in this verse describes a crossbreed of God's sons and the daughters of man.

Furthermore The Egyptian Exacration texts of the Middle Kingdom (2055-1650 BC) mention a list of political enemies in Canaan, and among this list are a group called the "ly Anaq" or people of Anaq. The three rulers of ly Anaq were Erum, Abiyamimu, and Akirum. Anak could be related to the Sumerian god Enki. Robert Graves, considering the relationship between the Anakites and Philistines Joshua 11:21, Jeremiah 47:5 , identifies the Anakim with Anax, the giant ruler of the Anactorians of Greek mythology. The biblical Goliath (a Philistine) was most likely one of the sons of Anak.

Now... one must believe that God and Angels existed and that Satan and his minions fell to earth and interbred with humans at one time. But of course....we all know that's ridiculous.

As ridiculous as dragon-like monsters roaming the earth millions of years ago. We all know that this could never happen. [​IMG]

Why did they die out?

Since the Nephilim, or hybrids were different than true humans, its likely they were more animal than human, incapable of developing the technology to thrive. Perhaps they were tribal, could not farm, and once driven from their lands, probably just died out.

Yeah, they don't teach this in the state-run University do they? [​IMG]

#2 Dennis324, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013