1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Network Places and Computer names

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by TomVols, Nov 19, 2005.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

My wife's computer still had her maiden name so I changed it to reflect her married name. Her computer still appears in the network places (maiden name computer) along with the married name computer. The married name computer doesn't have the "hooked onto a cable" icon under the file folder under shared docs, though the shared docs appear to be there. The maiden name has that icon, but it appears to give an error message when you try to access its properties. Have I done something bad? How do I fix this?

2. NateT

NateT Member

Well, Microsoft doesn't like change. So what you need to do is send them a copy of your wife's driver's license to show that her name has changed. :D

The problem is that on the network, Microsoft still views that folder as 'Maiden Name' and not 'Married Name.' You will need to recreate any shares with the new 'Married Name' and once that is done, you should be able to safely delete the folders that have 'Maiden Name' from your computer (NOT FROM HERS!)