1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Neuroscience says free will does not exist.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MennoSota, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You realize, of course, that Jesus spoke of hell more than anyone. This means that God speaks a lot about hell. God tells us that he separates this who go to heaven and those who go to hell. God tells us that hell was prepared for them.

Your bitterness about God telling sinners they will be thrown into hell is noteworthy. Why do you hate what God has told us about hell?

The wages of sin is death.

People get sent to hell if they are not redeemed by God. That is not heresy, no matter how much you use all caps.

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible says a fool said there is none righteous not even one. So you believe in what fools have to say

True it does but how can Grace that comes through faith, by pass faith just so it can be first? If it comes through faith that faith has to exist or there is no faith to come through. Eph 2:8 proves it beyond doubt. Yet you say it ain't so. That means you don't believe what scripture clearly says.

I agree it is
    Your so completely wrong. Who ever dreamed that up must have been dyslexic. Your not dyslexic are you?
    MB

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More to prove it is by faith that it might be by Grace.
    Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
    MB

4. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible does not say what you claim. Be honest.
    You have it backwards. Grace doesn't come through faith. Grace is not a verb.
    "For by grace you are saved."
    First and foremost.
    "Through faith, which is the gift of God."
    Faith is the gift that comes from God's grace.
    Why?
    "So that no one can boast."
    Why do you insist on reversing the order? The only reason I can see is that you demand control over God.

Good
    Once again, I showed you what the text says. You twist it and reverse the order. Then you say that I am wrong.

smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Context, context, context.

Show us where faith comes before grace.

Romans 4:1-25
    [1]Abraham was, humanly speaking, the founder of our Jewish nation. What did he discover about being made right with God?
    [2]If his good deeds had made him acceptable to God, he would have had something to boast about. But that was not God’s way.
    [3]For the Scriptures tell us, “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.”
    [4]When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned.
    [5]But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners.
    [6]David also spoke of this when he described the happiness of those who are declared righteous without working for it:
    [7]“Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sins are put out of sight.
    [8]Yes, what joy for those whose record the lord has cleared of sin.”
    [9]Now, is this blessing only for the Jews, or is it also for uncircumcised Gentiles? Well, we have been saying that Abraham was counted as righteous by God because of his faith.
    [10]But how did this happen? Was he counted as righteous only after he was circumcised, or was it before he was circumcised? Clearly, God accepted Abraham before he was circumcised!
    [11]Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous—even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith.
    [12]And Abraham is also the spiritual father of those who have been circumcised, but only if they have the same kind of faith Abraham had before he was circumcised.
    [13]Clearly, God’s promise to give the whole earth to Abraham and his descendants was based not on his obedience to God’s law, but on a right relationship with God that comes by faith.
    [14]If God’s promise is only for those who obey the law, then faith is not necessary and the promise is pointless.
    [15]For the law always brings punishment on those who try to obey it. (The only way to avoid breaking the law is to have no law to break!)
    [16]So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe.
    [17]That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, “I have made you the father of many nations.” This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.
    [18]Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!”
    [19]And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb.
    [20]Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.
    [21]He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.
    [22]And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous.
    [23]And when God counted him as righteous, it wasn’t just for Abraham’s benefit. It was recorded
    [24]for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.
    [25]He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God.

Did you notice that faith is given as a gift? It comes after grace has been provided.

Keep digging your hole.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gave you reference can't you read it. You are denying scripture to keep your mistaken belief system. Determinism is not biblical.
    Obviously you aren't able to understand simple English

You're the one with the twisted dishonest understanding of scripture. I didn't change God's word you did and tried to make it fit what you believe. Conversation over with.
    MB

7. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I went through your passage in Romans 4. God says faith is a gift. You can't manufacture it. God gives grace. If he didn't you'd still be dead in your sins. Once he extends his grace, he gives the gift of faith. It's right in the verses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I never said there is no hell. You need your eyes checked or need to go back to school to learn to read.

Its no wonder you make up what the bible says, you make up what everyone else says.

God never stated everyone deserves hell. You a liar for saying God said everyone deserves hell.

To say someone is in danger of hell is one thing, to say they deserve it is another. You are not a liar? show us where God says everyone deserves hell.

You do not make God's judgment.

9. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John 3:18-20
    [18]“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
    [19]And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.
    [20]All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.

Romans 3:10-18,23
    [10]As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous— not even one.
    [11]No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God.
    [12]All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.”
    [13]“Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are filled with lies.” “Snake venom drips from their lips.”
    [14]“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
    [15]“They rush to commit murder.
    [16]Destruction and misery always follow them.
    [17]They don’t know where to find peace.”
    [18]“They have no fear of God at all.”
    [23]For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

Romans 5
    [12]When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
    [7]And God will provide rest for you who are being persecuted and also for us when the Lord Jesus appears from heaven. He will come with his mighty angels,
    [8]in flaming fire, bringing judgment on those who don’t know God and on those who refuse to obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus.
    [9]They will be punished with eternal destruction, forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

UNDERLINE WHERE IT STATES ---> "GOD SAYS ALL MANKIND DESERVES HELL"

If you don't find that verse YOU ARE A LIAR a dishonest LIAR and rather keep the LIE.

Even find me half-ways hell, or a notch below.

Show me where God says you deserve Chuck Norris to kick your pants every morning?

Sure he might say messing with Chuck will lead to that.

But NONE OF IT STATES "GOD SAYS YOU DESERVE TO HAVE CHUCK NORRIS KICK YOU IN THE PANTS EVERY MORNING"

DOING A Results in B. I have no problem with that.

Saying you DESERVE B, is where YOU are trying to take over God's call. It is his Judgment not YOURS.

11. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your hate is noted. Enjoy living with hate if that makes you feel good.
    I have provided more than enough text so that anyone reading this thread knows you are being stubborn and prejudiced.

God's word is plain. You can accept it or reject it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. utilyan

Site Supporter

God's word is plain, in fact God's word is JESUS CHRIST. Jesus Christ is his official decree concerning humanity.

You reject Jesus Christ by stating all men deserve hell. Because God has decided All men Deserve Jesus Christ.

You had an easy challenge find where GOD HIMSELF says
    "ALL MANKIND DESERVES HELL"

Satan agrees with you, not GOD.
    And you remain a LIAR without one bible verse stating "all men deserve hell."

1 timothy 2
    1First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. 7For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Ezekiel 18:23
    "Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
    "For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

Ezekiel 33:11
    "Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'

John 3:17
    For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

Romans 11:14
    in the hope that I may provoke my own people to jealousy and save some of them.1 Timothy 4:10
    To this end we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

2 Timothy 2:25
    He must gently reprove those who oppose him, in the hope that God may grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.

2 Timothy 3:7
    always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Titus 1:1
    Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ in service of the faith of God's elect and of their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness,

Titus 2:11
    For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men

13. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just admit it. You're a universalist.

If you aren't then you have to admit that the "all" is referring to all that are chosen by God.

Which is it?

Universalism or not?

I await your response.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. utilyan

Site Supporter

If that were the case why the heck would I argue against once saved always saved.

I love everyone on earth and pray for the possibility universalism daily. Before sin came it was universalism.

There certainly is a hell, What kind of a world or existence are you in when your convinced the most kindest, merciful and most loving of all God thinks you deserve hell. I'd say your knee deep in hell already.

I love every soul a concept you can't fathom and how could you? you rewrite who is your neighbor, who is your least of brethren, even who is your enemy.

I know certainly that God is Good, then best thing to happen to the entire universe, The ultimate hero, father, teacher and friend. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD.

God, Jesus Christ is a guaranteed possibility of universalism.

But for the sake of the point I've made repeatedly. The bible can state ALL GO TO HELL. That does not dictate GOD's JUDGMENT on DESSERVING IT.

That God ever says you deserve hell is a LIE. Satan is angry because Satan can't find that verse. Don't get angry with him.

That is a Satanic doctrine its what motivated Satan, He lives and breathes "all mankind deserves hell"

Show us where GOD says ALL MANKIND DESERVES HELL.

15. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If a person breaks the law, do they deserve the punishment given out by the judge?

Have all humans broken God's law?

What are the wages of sin?

How many people have sinned?

Do you see the problem with your thinking?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. utilyan

Site Supporter

Men are not made for the law, but the law is for man. The law is the schoolmaster, Without out it we wouldn't know sin to be a sin.

God does not NEED a Law. God does not NEED a plan. God does not NEED a savior. All these things are for YOUR SAKE.

Wages of sin is DEATH. I can read that verse fifty times and still can't see YOUR WAGE IS DEATH. Maybe if you scribble the word "YOUR". SIN's wage is death, death is coming for sin, sin has its days numbered. You are a sinner, You are not SIN.

All people have sinned. No where does God say all DESERVE HELL.

My thinking is fine, I see a problem with your reading. Show us this verse where God says all deserve hell.

The problem here is one of false humility, a person can repent and sincerely believe they deserve hell, or like the prodigal son believe they are only good enough to be a slave not a son, But the response and the JUDGEMENT is not the sinner's call. The father doesn't answer back with YOUR RIGHT your only good for a slave or deserve hell.

This debate would be OVER if you could show us the verse where GOD says all mankind deserve hell.

You have way too much pride to not admit that verse does not exist.

17. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You didn't answer my question.

If a person breaks God's law do they deserve the punishment given out by God, the Judge?

All humans have broken God's law.

God judges rightly and according to his law.

We get what we deserve.

What is it that people deserve when they break God's law, utilyan?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God made the law. The law is perfect. We know we are sinners because of God's law.

God is in need of nothing. We exist because he chooses to have us exist. He can destroy his creation immediately and live perfectly.

Do you understand what grace is?

That’s a bizarre statement. Sin is what we do. We know it is sin because we break God's law. Thus we pay the price for our sinful life.

All have sinned. All fall short of God’s glory.

What do you imagine humans deserve for breaking God's law? Do they deserve a time out in their bedroom without their data phones? Honestly, tell us what God says sinners deserve if it is not hell. Deserve is the key word. What do sinners deserve in your mind.
    Show us where God accepts wicked sinners into heaven. I have provided verse after verse that tells you how God deals with sinners. So, show us where God takes sin and welcomes it into heaven with open arms. Remember, it's God's house. He determines who enters.
    [/QUOTE]
    The problem here is one of false humility, a person can repent and sincerely believe they deserve hell, or like the prodigal son believe they are only good enough to be a slave not a son, But the response and the JUDGEMENT is not the sinner's call. The father doesn't answer back with YOUR RIGHT your only good for a slave or deserve hell.
    [/QUOTE]
    The prodigal son was already a part of the family.
    When a person is not saved, not adopted into God's family, they can't "return" to the Father. They were never a part of the family.

Your analogy is nor accurate. You have misread the story of the prodigal son.

The debate is over because you can't accept that God has declared all humanity to be sinners who, except by the grace of God, are judged guilty and sent to hell.
    More than enough scripture has been shared and you balk at what God has said. Your anger is at God, not me.
    The verses I shared point out the truth. It does not matter if there is no verse that doesn't use the exact phrase you demand. You're just being silly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. utilyan

Site Supporter

[/QUOTE]
    The prodigal son was already a part of the family.
    When a person is not saved, not adopted into God's family, they can't "return" to the Father. They were never a part of the family.

Your analogy is nor accurate. You have misread the story of the prodigal son.

The debate is over because you can't accept that God has declared all humanity to be sinners who, except by the grace of God, are judged guilty and sent to hell.
    More than enough scripture has been shared and you balk at what God has said. Your anger is at God, not me.

The verses I shared point out the truth. It does not matter if there is no verse that doesn't use the exact phrase you demand. You're just being silly.[/QUOTE]

"there is no verse that doesn't use the exact phrase you demand."

I love God absolutely and his mercy is perfect.

Satan's doctrine that all deserve hell is wrong. You can't even find a phrase halfways saying that.

While I have no problem finding the opposite:

Romans 5
    8But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

He gave mankind the very top of heaven, Jesus Christ to start. All Satan can do is pout in the corner and tell everyone they deserve hell instead.

Its precisely because God loves everyone which is why he disciplines all and would even bother to point out the wrong things. To let a sinner know he is sinning is an act of kindness.

20. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a person believes is irrelevant. What a judge decides, based upon the law, is what matters.
    The law of God declares us guilty. The penalty for sin is death. That means you go to hell, unless the Judge pardons you of your sins.

Nowhere do you find a doctrine of Satan in the Bible.

You can find that God declares no one to be righteous, not even one. You can find God saying that all have sinned and fall short of God’s glory. You can find God declaring that the wages of sin is death.

Why do you ignore God's word and create a false "doctrine of Satan" narrative?

Who did Paul write his letter to? Was it to believers or to non-believers?

God does demonstrate his love to his chosen, adopted children. He does not demonstrate that love to the unredeemed. Your own verse shows your doctrine to be wrong.

What? What does "the very top of heaven" even mean?

You keep preaching universalism and denying it at the same time. You seem very confused.

Satan accuses the elect. Satan just uses any means he can to try stop God from saving the elect. It is an effort of futility on his part.

Read Hebrews 12. God only disciplines his children, not those who are illegitimate.

Hebrews 12:5-8
    [5]And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children? He said, “My child, don’t make light of the lord’s discipline, and don’t give up when he corrects you.
    [6]For the lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”
    [7]As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father?
    [8]If God doesn’t discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.