1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Neuroscience says free will does not exist.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MennoSota, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's a moronic question. Try again.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When you hear the command of God you ask yourself......meh....this won't give me salvation, it won't even earn me 5 bucks.

GOOD WORKS. I do Good works for FREE.

If I get a ticket for a seat in heaven, I'm going to let you have it brother.

Your never going to understand this keeping a selfish perspective not loving your neighbor, brothers, enemies or God.

My life for God, I give my life for God. EVEN if its Eternal Life I give it to God.

Right now your afraid little brother. But one day your going trust and give your life to God. And your not even going ask for a receipt.

3. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Red herring. Try again.

You give your life for God.

I take it you think you're Yeshua and God owes you.

Peter said he would follow Christ to the cross. He failed miserably. You can't earn your salvation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. utilyan

Site Supporter

I have more then a gold digger's loyalty to God.

Point is don't be selfish looking to earn anything.

You have your eye on eternal life, "salvation". Put it on Jesus instead.

You always have "earning salvation" on your mind.

You only do things for reward, like salvation.

One day your going to do God's work for free. You can do better then a fake love of a paid prostitute.

God can ask me to go to hell right now, ill do what he says. And your whining to me about earning salvation? Salvation was never on the radar. You don't have this courage or faith yet, I think you will one day.

Luke 9

23And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. 24“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. 25“For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself? 26“For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. 27“But I say to you truthfully, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”

5. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Why? Romans 6:6 "We know that our old life, our old sinful self, was nailed to the cross with Christ" NLV

We all share one life: Rom 5:12 "sin entered the world through one man (Adam), and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned" in Adam. We share the fallen life of Adam.

That life died with Christ on the cross. Therefore "when One died, all died" 2 Cor 5:14

Likewise, just as "all men" died in Him and have therefore met the justice of God's law, "all men" were justified unto life by one act of righteousness. See Rom 5:18

That work is complete...it is a finished work. No limited atonement heresy here.....

Now the question is what are sinners going to do with this good news?

"Those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ." Verse 17

6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Continually preaching universalism when it's not.
    It's not worth going over, again and again, why the English word "all" is not universal when it comes to salvation.

You have created this bizarre theology where everyone is universally saved, but then each person can individually choose to run away from God toward hell.

No matter how obviously wrong you are, you are going to keep pushing your heresy. I understand now why people have you on ignore. Until the owner of this board tosses you our for clearly not being Baptist or teaching the gospel, the only thing that can be done is to ignore you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

When you can't win an argument you apparently resort to the threat of force and coercion. This is ironic since you have created a god in your likeness after your sinful propensities...You have made a god of partiality who only justifies people like yourself.

8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm sure AndThisGospel as well as utilyan will keep on spreading works salvation. I have you both on ignore. Have at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

1. You are acting like a spoiled child. So ahead and take your marbles and go play with the kids that see things only your way.
    2. I am not presenting salvation by works. Christ, in His birth, life, death & resurrection, has secured justification unto life" for "all men", but not all will accept His finished work of atonement. To accept salvation is to accept Christ's finished work.
    3. On the other hand you and the other "elect" belong to the club of exclusivity. This smacks with pride, self-glory and self-importance because in your mind God has handpicked you to belong to His club. This is the same problem many of the Jews had in Christ's time thinking they alone had exclusive rights to the keys of the kingdom.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

I knew you wouldn't like the last post. Because your centered around REWARDS and WHATS IN IT FOR YOU.

You can't compute someone doing things for God on just love.

Its like a whore who will please as long as the whore gets paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.