1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Neurosurgeon pulled off cruise after fake bioterrorism tweet

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, May 9, 2012.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This is what happens when the people sell their liberties for the claim of safety. The Gestapo MLS along with this current communist based Marxist administration are moving us ever closer to a military state..
    If this President is not stopped in with this next election and someone who will return us to being a free society of the people by the people put into office it is very likely this will be the last free election we ever see....
    http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/201...led-off-cruise-after-fake-bioterrorism-tweet/

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um...what?

Someone called in and said the doctor had a vial of stuff that could potentially make every passenger on the boat sick, or even dead, and you think the authorities over-reacted?

How do you think they should have handled it? "Sir, someone says you've got a vial of stuff that could kill people. . .No? Okay, sorry to have bothered you."

Now imagine that same kind of response if the individual had been muslim.

Your logic says that whenever we receive a notification that a kid has said he/she has planted a bomb in a school, we're being neo-nazis if we clear out the school, search for a bomb, and question potential suspects.

Yeesh.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Don you have already proven in many past posts that you stand with the Nazi stile régime tactics. I assume that you have no problem with these Nazis breaking down your door tearing through your house just because someone posts something about you. Like I have said we are headed for a military state because of people like you. What should have happened is them check this out to see where it all come from before they jumped the gun and he is thrown off the ship without just cause.
    Yeesh

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Feds did right in responding in a thorough manner. However AFTER being cleared by the Feds, and the identification of the Tweet coming from a fake account, the Carnival Captain erred in not allowing the good Dr. to re-board. I see a huge loss of "quite enjoyment" lawsuit coming. :)

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're not thinking this through. Take a moment and give it some serious thought. While you're checking out the source, which requires search warrants to check the computer servers, do you really want to run the risk of the report being true?

And what happens if the report had turned out to be true? All the time you just lost checking out the source allowed the suspect to unleash whatever it was they were trying to do. So now you'd be seeing the media crucify the cops because they had a notification that it was going to happen, but they sat on their backsides while they checked out the source, and now 1, 2, dozens, or even hundreds of people are dead.

So no matter what, the cops can't do anything right. Either they're nazis for "kicking down doors" to prevent a possible catastrophe; or they're criminally negligent for not taking action to prevent a possible catastrophe.

Which course of action would you actually prefer?
    -----
    And, as Mr. Cassidy pointed out, the only real "nazi" in this story is the cruise captain, who wouldn't let the guy get back on board after it was proven he was no threat.
    -----
    Free, let me add this: If someone told me that there was a bomb in your house, I'd break down the door and get you out of the house. I wouldn't wait to find out if it was a hoax; I'd consider the threat real and do what it took to save your life. If it turned out to be a hoax, I'd apologize and offer to fix your door. Of course, if it was real, then you've probably got more than the door to fix.

Your choice: Would you thank me for considering your life important enough to be worth saving, even if it turned out it was a hoax? Or would you simply deride me for "over-reacting"?

#5 Don, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012