1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Apostolic Reformation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 26, 2011.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I wonder how long it will be before otherwise solid believers will jump on this bandwagon because of their political agenda?

NPR story here

I appreciated the fact that Rachel Tabachnick, the interviewee, made a clear distinction between the NAR and conservative evangelicalism. I wonder how many conservative political believers will have her discernment?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't see much linkage to politics in that story. According to NAR, government is but one of the seven mountains of society that demons control. In order to bring about God's kingdom on earth (they say) government must be reclaimed for God, along with arts and entertainment, business, family, media, religion and education. In order to bring this about they have "casting out demon" ministries. Once the demons have been expelled the 'victims' are open to evangelism. All in all, they seem to be loosely affiliated with charismatic churches.

Here's another link that describes the NAR's theology:

The stated goal of the NAR is to eradicate denominations and form a unified church that will be victorious against evil in the end times. Like many American fundamentalists, the apostles teach that the events of the end times are imminent, but unlike fundamentalists, the apostles see this as a time of great victory for the church.

Instead of escaping the earth (in the Rapture)* prior to the turmoil of the end times, they teach that believers will defeat evil by taking dominion, or control, over all sectors of society and government, resulting in mass conversions to their brand of Charismatic evangelicalism and a Christian utopia or "Kingdom" on earth.

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2011/8/12/1713/01915

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

My point is the connection between them and Rick Perry. It does appear that this is an area they fully intend to have an involvement. Though I see several mentions in the article, you may have to listen to the podcast to get the full message of the political involvement. I am wondering how long it will be before solid Christians jump on the bandwagon for politics sake despite the theology.

#3 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011
  4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Article states that they were one of the groups that helped organize Perry's prayer rally, so yes, it bears scrutiny. Also, there is another one of these prayer rallies scheduled for November in Detroit, with the theme being fighting Islam. It will be interesting to see if this becomes a stop on the campaign trail for any politicians. We'll have to keep an eye on this event in November.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

If you are interested I would suggest taking the 1/2 or so and listening to the podcast.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to find time to listen to it. Thanks for the link.

7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have not heard of the NAR but the thinking has been around from before Pat Robertson ran. I've been wondering how involved Perry was.

Will evangelicals pile on, why not he is a brother!!!!!!!!!! I am sure many will but hopefully many will not depending on how involved he is. Depends on how he talks about the pocket book, Christians often seem to vote their pocket book :) yes a big generalization and no I have no facts to back it up - just an observation.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

It is Rushdoony's Reconstructionism under a new name. If you read the fine print the law of the land would the Deut. Law as interpreted by the OPC - Orthodox Presbyterians. "Dispensationalists" would be disenfranchised.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I listened to the audio interview. The introduction claims:

An emerging Christian movement that seeks to take dominion over politics, business and culture in preparation for the end times and the return of Jesus, is becoming more of a presence in American politics. The leaders are considered apostles and prophets, gifted by God for this role.

Then Rachel Tabachnick claims that the leaders of the NAR, namely Lou Engle and Mike Bickle seek to "go into a geographic region or a people group and conduct spiritual-warfare activities in order to remove the demons from the entire population." She says that Engle and Bickle believe that born again Christians can harbor demons. (approx. 25:00 minute mark). She says that the NAR is going around Michigan and putting stakes into the ground at all Masonic Lodges and praying for deliverance from demonic activity (about 34:00 minute mark.)

She also says that the group is anti abortion, anti gay rights, and wants to convert the Jews to hasten the second coming of Christ. She says the leaders use 'code words' to convey these beliefs.

Thus, according to her:

"stopping the shedding of innocent blood" = anti abortion

"Repent of sexual immorality" = anti gay rights

She offered no coded phrase for converting the Jews to bring about the second coming. This is at the 17:30 - 19:00 minute mark of the audio.

At about this same spot in the audio she quite bluntly states, "We DON'T KNOW RICK PERRY'S BELIEFS in these matters."

OK, so where is she getting this information for her assertions? She claims that if you were at the prayer rally in Texas you would have clearly gleaned all of this from the context of the meeting. I Googled Rick Perry prayer meeting converting jews and got nothing. I Googled Masonic Lodges stakes in ground Michigan and got nothing. I went to Engle's web site and looked for this sort of thing and found nothing. I went to Mike Bickle's website and scoured his extensive collection of sermons on a wide range of topics and got nothing along these lines.

In short, I think Rachel Tabachnick is full of it.

Go ahead and take a look at these websites and find me any mention of establishing God's Kingdom on earth by exorcising demons and converting Jews. Google around and see what you find because all I've got is her word on these things.

http://www.thecall.com/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=1000105091

http://mikebickle.org/

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am looking forward to Bickle's response. I appreciate your research into this. I was already willing to wait for his response, but you have given me enough to think about that I will look a bit more.

I do appreciate the fact the she distanced the NAR from other conservative evangelicals.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

>She offered no coded phrase for converting the Jews to bring about the second coming.

Reconstructionists are Reformed. The Church inherits the blessings of Israel. The Jews are functionally and theologically heathen.

Read Gary North's commentary on Leviticus. Download from www.freebooks.com

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The TEXAS OBSERVER has this story which seems to support the general idea of the NPR interview.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to wonder: Where did the writer of this article get intimate knowledge of the meeting between Gov. Perry and these two pastors?

Notice the words chosen in the article--right out of the Rush Limbaugh school of innuendo:

God had apparently commanded Schlueter....

Gov. Perry, it seemed....

So you have to wonder...

I read the entire article and I just don't see the agenda claimed by Tabachnick or the author of the article. Sure, the article quotes a pastor saying-- "She’s going to join the Republican Party, start going to all their meetings. Some [members] are already doing that.”

This is some hidden conspiracy to take over government? Joining the Republican party?