1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New BB Moderator - Aaron

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by bb_baptist, Jan 31, 2002.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Please join me in welcoming Aaron as our newest moderator.

AAron, a seminary student, will be co-moderating the Music forum.

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Congrats, Aaron. I have very much enjoyed and benefitted from your posts on music and I'm sure that you will greatly enhance the effort there.

God Bless,

PA Jim

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome, Aaron!

Just a little CCM to welcome him, playing in the background. :D

4. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations on the "promotion", Aaron! I hope you continue to throw in your two cents on the Bible reading forum when it starts back up!. We're lucky to have you.

May God bless you

- Clint

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Aaron. Welcome to your new position as moderator in the Music Forum. Congratulations.

6. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome Aaron as the newest Moderator to the BB. We trust that you will be just as effective, and probably more, in the Music forum as you were without the title. Wishing you God's blessings and the emporing of the Holy Spirit in your new assignment. [​IMG]

SaggyWoman, what was that I heard, the sound of CCM in the background. You still have those tapes? Didn't we ask you to get rid of them?! ;)

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you all.

Well, I guess you've heard of the winter storm in the Midwest? Guess whose power and phone will be out for a few days.

You guessed it. MINE!! :eek:

Fortunately, the plant I work in still has power and I'm expected to be there bright and early in the morning. So I went in tonight. In fact, I'm there now and will bed down here till morning then work my shift.

So, it will be a few days before I can get into moderating full swing.

Sorry, Mr. Webmaster and Dr. Bob. I just get a new job and on the first day my car breaks down!! :rolleyes:

Again, thank you for the warm welcome.

8. superdave

superdave New Member

I thought this board had standards for moderators, and felt outraged that they would let Aaron in ;), than I looked at the list again, and decided he fits right in with the motley crue (no musical pun intended)

Congrats, and welcome again.

Barnabas
    You mean they politely asked Saggy if she would get rid of her tapes? The Baptist Board Secret Police came and confiscated mine right from under my bed! (Fortunately they don't know about my secret stash, or my MP3 backups :D :D :D :D :D SHHHHHHH!)

9. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shame on you Superdave, for having a secret stash of the forbidden CCM tapes (or CDs)! [​IMG]

10. tulpje

tulpje Guest

Hey Barnabas how did you do that!... and can I be a moderator? (or do I have to be a ababababababababbbbbbbbbBAPTIST?!?!?!?!?!)

11. tulpje

tulpje Guest

Oh yeah and Congratulations Aaron!!!! [​IMG]

(which one of these little guys means big hug?)

12. tulpje

tulpje Guest

Ummmmm Where is the Music thread? I want to talk about

SONIC FLOOD hahaha

13. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Tapes? We were to give up our CCM tapes? I didn't know that. I went out and bought more when I got on the BB. Hmmmm.

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

14. javalady

javalady New Member

Hello & welcome Aaron! The Baptist Board should help you keep from getting "ivory tower syndrome" that many in seminary suffer from. We're altogether TOO HUMAN here!! :D
    God bless--and keep warm! I remember -20 winter days in Pine City, MN when I was a child. Making snowmen, having snowball fights & forts, digging snow tunnels & coming in for an IV of hot cocoa! Ahh...the good ole days!

15. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Quite honestly I knew this was inevitable. From the week I joined in June 2001, I was impressed with Aaron's ability to handle the "heat" in a Baptist forum. If you can do that with a bunch of Baptists you can do just about anything. :rolleyes: Aaron and I are similar in many ways. We generally post from the more traditional POV, but we do differ on a few points. That's OK. That's what makes our Baptist distinctives shine! ;) Aaron, I wish you God's best as you try to corral a bunch of unruly Baptists in such a dangerous forum as music. Go for it, brother. I don't envy you! [​IMG] I may even come by and play "devil's advocate" now and then. :D God bless, brother! [​IMG]

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aw shucks! [​IMG]

17. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

I tip my hat to you, Aaron.

Happy moderating!
    [​IMG]