1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Bellevue Pastor...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by danrusdad, Jul 10, 2005.

1. danrusdad

danrusdad New Member

This morning Dr Steve Gaines of the First Baptist Church of Gardendale, AL accepted the call to become the 7th pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis. Please rejoice with us and pray with us in the leading of God's will throughout our search.

Although Dr Gaines initially stated his intent to remain at Gardendale when Dr Adrian Rogers announced his retirement, he was obedient to the Lord's will for his life and followed His Master and Savior. Would that we would all be obedient to Him in the face of a path we did not want or intend to take. (Ironically, when Dr Rogers was first approached about becoming Bellevue's pastor, he also had no intention of leaving his church at that time. God's will and timing are perfect for each of us if only we will trust Him!)

The search committee of 8 men and 2 women were unaninmous in their vote for Dr Gaines, and each shared their own journey of prayer, fasting and searching the Word for God's will for our church.

Please also pray for the Gardendale congregation as the Gaines family will be sorely missed. But God has great things in store for both of our congregations as long as we remain true to Him.

2. cindig2

cindig2 New Member

I am so happy for you all! My husband and I have been praying for your congregation and for the search committee during this time.
    I really enjoyed Dr. Gaines at the Southern Baptist Convention. He also has a great voice!

I will have to make the drive to listen to him in the future.

We are keeping Dr. Rogers and his health in our prayers, along with his family.