1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Bill Would End Federal Marijuana Prohibition

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Jun 22, 2011.

1. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

I am also for confronting sin head-on. However:
    1. Its not clear that pot use is a sin.
    2. Even on things we would agree are sin, one can still desire to confront it head-on but may not be so interested in the *government* getting involved.

2. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Then set the standards at the levels that can be tested. Its how they already set the standard for jobs like pilots. They can't test above .02 and legally fly and .02 is the standard because it's the lowest breath alcohol concentration reading considered to be an accurate indication of the consumption of alcohol. IOW the standard for alcohol is set as low as can be accurately measured. Same would apply to dope.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The government will need to get involved with it if it has to go to the courts to become legalized. My primary interest which riled them up is my desire to sell it legally if & when it becomes legal. Thats a nice profit center & potential business venture for me & I dont object to it. And your right, I dont automatically see it as a sin because if I didnt then I wouldn't consider it a potential business venture.

Prostitution I do consider a sin so I truly wouldn't consider it as a business I would delve into however I dont think that by making it illegal that it stops it & a lot of bad things go on to recruit & keep it going & then there is the criminal element of it that I personally would prefer to eliminate so Yes I would camp with those trying to legalize it.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder how this will affect the restraints on growing industial hemp. It once was a major staple of KYs economy.

I've heard that countries like India have developed cultivars that produce cloth as fine as silk and that production of ethyl alcohol for fuel is also a viable option with hemp. Hemp, I would like for farmers to be able to grow once again.